Chapter Seventeen, Aftermath.

Later that evening, Sabine Zeb, Hera, and even Chopper were just as upset at Mark's betrayal just as much as Kanan is. The older Jedi told them about he had betrayed Ezra and Sara over their rebuilding the Jedi Order dream by calling the Empire on them, and he had willingly joined the Inquisitor, officially turning his back on Sara and Ezra twice!...

"Oh, I can't believe he just went betrayed the kid and his foster sister, twice!... If I only spoke to him right now, I would give him a talking to!..."

Sabine agrees with him, even for a Sith, that was pretty low!... "Me too!..."

Kanan is a bit shocked that Sabine was defending Ezra, even though she didn't like talking about her own past. "Wait, you're on our side?..."

"Of course, a true Mandalorian as well as a true Jedi knight never betrays someone as loyal Ezra is."

Ezra smiles a little, before revealing how right the girl is. "Believe me, Sabine, you couldn't be more right. That's always been Mark's biggest problem as a child even before I was born!... He's a good warrior, but he doesn't know the first thing about being a good soldier!..."

As Hera and Chopper turn for the night, Sabine sees Ezra walking away to get some fresh air. As Kanan silently follows him, Zeb notices the girl who's like a sister to him is a bit sad before placing a comforting paw on her shoulder. "Everything okay?..."

Sabine looks at Zeb, before releasing her concern for how Ezra is feeling. "Ezra doesn't think Mark has ever believed that he could make their childhood dream a reality the way Sara did when they were kids!.... And I think he may be right!..."

Outside the Ghost, Ezra sits down on the landing ramp of the ship. Not less than a few minutes later, Kanan joins him. "Hey... I bought you some hot choco, in case you were thirsty!..."

Ezra smiles before taking the drink, remembering that Sara used to make this for him at a young age. Kanan smiles before sitting down with Ezra. "You saw the angles, didn't you? You saw the pieces on the platform, devised a plan, delegated and executed it perfectly. Your mother and father could do it. So can you!..."

Ezra smiled, feeling a little better. "You go in, I'll catch up!..."

"Sure thing, kiddo." Kanan kisses Ezra's forehead before going inside, smiling at his friend. As Ezra looks at the stars, he finally expresses the joy have finally having hope for his childhood dream. However, Mark at the same time, doesn't understand how Ezra could have so much hope after losing almost everything.

Ezra(Singing):

I've always loved being a Rebel...
The friends, the battles, the crystals galore...
But I started to wonder what else life has in store,
And now I see there's something more!...
I will be Leader!
That's the path for me,
I've always known deep down that it was meant to be!...
Lothal's Hero;
It is clear to see!
That I was born to rule...
Yes, it was meant to be!...
I have so much I know I could offer,
I'll help the folks across our land...
And I can't wait to tell them everything I've planned,
The future will be so great and grand!
I will be Leader!
That's the path for me,
I've always known deep down that it was meant to be!
Lothal's Hero;
It is clear to see!
That I was born to rule...
Yes, it was meant to be!....

Mark(Singing):

I'm the one who was supposed to end up on the throne!
Supposed to run this land, and make the rules all on my own!
If I show them all that Ezra's nothing but a fool,
They have got to see I'm far more fit to rule!...

Both(Singing):

I will be Leader!
That's the path for me,
I've always known deep down that it was meant to be!
Lothal's Hero,
It is clear to see!
That I was born to rule!...
Yes, it was meant to be!....

Mark(Singing):

Meant to be!....

Ezra(Singing):

Yes, it was meant to be!....

Ezra just looks at the sky before clutching his family locket, feeling his courage rise after losing for almost Five years!...

"Don't worry Sara, I will learn the truth about my family and make our dream a reality... If it's the last thing I ever do!....