Chapter Two, What Happened To Your Family?...

It was just a normal day for Ezra. The kid had finally gathered up enough credits on Lothal to get a ticket to leave the godforsaken planet after almost eight years alone on the streets after losing his adoptive parents. As he entered the station to get a ticket, he felt a familiar Force presence behind him but saw nothing.

"Okay, weird!..."

"Next customer in line, please!"

Unknown to the kid, a rebel Jedi named Kanan was watching in curious about Ezra. His friends Sabine, and Zeb, watched in curiosity as well.

"Who is that kid, Zeb?..."

"Beats me, Sabine, what you think, Kanan?"

"You two take the Ghost to Tarkintown, I'm gonna follow the kid!..."

"Fine, you're the boss!..." Sabine sighed in annoyance as she and Zeb left, just in time for Kanan to see Ezra enter a transport ship express leaving the planet. Remembering he still has a ticket, he quickly enters the ship before it departs. Once the ship is in hyperspace, Ezra holds onto a pole as a elder man sits down.

"Sorry kid, the car's full. You'll have to move to the next car!..."

"It's okay, sir... I understand!...." Ezra starts to move to the next car, a jolt of hyperspace knocks him to the ground, causing the boy to sprain his ankle. Everybody in the car starts to laugh mockingly at the boy, one of them who hurts the kid's feelings!...

"What's the matter kid, do you want to go home with your mommy and daddy!?..." The minute the mean man said it, Ezra found himself crying from not knowing what having a family was like, and moaning from his sprained ankle... Kanan however, saw the whole thing; and was not happy one bit!... "How dare you speak to him that way!... Here kid, let me help you!..."

The man helps Ezra up and carries him bride style as the train opens up for Tarkintown. While Sabine, Zeb, Chopper, and Hera were busy with the mission, Kanan was wrapping a bacta patch around Ezra's leg.

"There you go, that should make the sprain go away... So what's your name?..."

Ezra looks at the stranger who had defended him from those people earlier on the train. "Ezra..."

"Ezra? That's a pretty neat name."

"Yeah, my mother picked it...! So what's yours?..."

"I'm Kanan...! So, Um... You're new to the marketplace, where are you from?... (THROWS EZRA A HOGAN AS HE GRABS ONE TO EAT ONE AS WELL.)

"(SIGHS) Why does it matter?... I ran away, and I'm not ever going back!..."

Kana puts the fruit down for a minute and sits closest to Ezra on a rock, who is still holding the fruit in his hands sadly. "Really?... How come?..."

"(SIGHS) If you must know, my foster brother is forcing to join the Empire, without understanding how I feel!.."

Kanan's emerald eyes softened at the news, feeling Ezra's sadness from the Force. "That's... That's awful!..."

Before the conversation can go any further, Sabine and Zeb show up after finishing the mission. "Hey Kanan, sorry we're late... Oh!... (SEES EZRA SITTING WITH KANAN ON THE ROCK.) Who's the kid?..."

Ezra immediately hides behind Kanan as soon as he sees Zeb and Sabine show up "Oh um... Sabine, Zeb, this is Ezra...!"

The kid peeks out from Kanan waves simply. "Hi, I love your hair!..."

Sabine simply twirls it, blushing a little. "Aw, thank you. I love yours too, it has a wicked blue tint to it!... (RUFFLES EZRA'S HAIR A BIT, CAUSING THE KID TO LAUGH A LITTLE.)

Suddenly, the captain of their ship, Hera came over to see her friends talking to a kid. " Hey guys I have good news about the mission for the... Oh!... Who's the new guy?..."

However, Kanan and Zeb notices her inside while the Jedi looks at Ezra and Sabine. "I think we'll leave two kids alone for a while!..."

As the three go inside the ship, the Mandalorian sits beside Ezra. "So... What's your name?..."

"Sabine... My name's Sabine!..."

"So... Who are you people?...

"We're a crew... A team... And in some ways, a family!..."

Ezra's blue eyes softened sadly at the mention of family. Sabine notices this and her eyes soften a little, concerned before the kid shakes it off!... "So happened to your real family?...

"The Empire... What happened to yours?... "

"I don't know my family... My brother and sister were separated from me when I was a baby, I never even knew my parents!..."

"I'm sorry!..." Sabine places a hand on Ezra's shoulder for comfort before bringing him inside the Ghost.