Chapter Twenty Eight, Final Battle\ Let's Go Home!...

Later in the imperial prison hallway, Ezra had just finished using his lightsaber cut open the vent before entering the hallway and deactivating his saber. Ezra reaches out with the force, and senses which Kanan's in before opening the cell door. When he enters, he sees Kanan unconscious in the chamber, causing the kid to gasp in concern.

"Kanan!..."

Ezra rushes forward before strapping his friend from the chamber, causing Kanan to collapse into Ezra's arms. "Come on Kanan, wake up!... I've already lost my first father, I can't lose my second one!..."

Gently, Kanan's emerald eyes opened to see Ezra's bright blue eyes staring down at him. "Ezra?..."

Ezra smiled before helping his Master up. "(SIGHS) You're okay!.... Turns out you taught me pretty well."

Kanan smiles as Ezra helps them to his feet, before walking him out of the cell. "(SIGHS) You shouldn't have come here, but I'm glad you did."

Ezra smiles at his Master, knowing it's the least he could do after he saved his life. "You would've done the same for me. In fact, you have."

Meanwhile, Sabine, Zeb, and Hera are looking for another way out when they run into more stormtroopers! Zeb shoots one of them with a bo-gun before he and the others go the other way. Sabin began to worry about Ezra and Kanan. "I hope Ezra's found Kanan by now!.."

On the other side of the ship, Ezra leads Kanan through a different hallway to get to Chopper. Unfortunately, the Inquisitor is waiting for both of them! The evil Jedi hunter smirks before reaching for lightsaber behind his back ignites it without hesitation, ready to end Ezra's life for good! Kanan sees what the Inquisitor is up to and finally gets the energy to stand up on his own. It was one thing to imprison him and torture him in an imperial torture chamber, but there's no way was he letting hurt Ezra. He reached over Ezra's shoulder and grabbed his custom lightsaber.

"Let me borrow that."

Ezra stepped back, knowing that Kanan could handle himself. "Yeah, no problem."

Kanan forward attack but kept switching between the blaster part and the saber to catch the Inquisitor off guard. Ezra watched completely impressed. "I never thought of that."

As Ezra rushes towards his friend, he sees that the Inquisitor is pushing his saber up against Kanan's, coming close to burning him! Ezra knew since his friend's energy is still weakened from all the electrical torture. The kid looked over and saw Kanan's lightsaber hanging from the Inquisitor's belt. Focusing all his energy, Ezra reached out with the and force grabbed his Master's saber before igniting to get the Inquisitor's attention away from Kanan. The Inquisitor noticed this and turned towards the young boy.

"At last, a fight that might be worthy of my time."

The Inquisitor activates the second blade of his lightsaber, before Kanan and Ezra charge at him, fighting with their sabers. Ezra knew he didn't have much experience fighting, but he had to push through for both him and Kanan. While their blue sabers were locked with his, the Inquisitor force pushed Ezra to the ground, causing him to focus on Kanan. They clashed for a moment just before the Jedi hunter kicks Kanan's side, causing the man to groan a little in pain. The Inquisitor took advantage of this and force pushed him to the ground too!

"(Screams)"

Ezra wakes up just in time to see Kanan on the ground and does his best to get up. The Inquisitor launches his spinning lightsaber at the boy. Ezra tries to deflect it, but the red saber cuts a scar on his left cheek, causing the boy to scream in pain! The result causes Ezra to drop his lightsaber, before falling off the platform! Kanan saw what happened as he slowly regained his senses, as he reached a terrified hand to the falling boy.