don't call me

after a long day at work, i decided to treat myself on a drink. on my own, not that i had friends to invite anyway. it was a cold, bitter tuesday night. i walked into a random pub and just sat down at a table in the back, i ordered a beer and smoked a cigarette while looking around at the.. maybe 6 other people in the pub.
i was french, i moved to london two years ago. my family kicked me out. so i just left the country, why not? right?
i leaned back into my chair and took a sip of my beer. that first sip, never what you expect from it. always bitter and gross, but once youve had a few you accept the bitterness of it and just go on with it.
as a matter of a fact. relationships for me, were like beer.
once you put up with the persons abuse and lies, you'll become blind.
and then you sway around the swearwords and broken glass. proves that love's not only blind but deaf.
i was an unlucky lover, guy after guy. all broken and unfixable.
one threw glasses, the other slapped and some just yelled. numb, thats what it had made me. numb of ever falling for stuff like that ever again. i had convinced myself i would never let someone do that to me again.

he came in, my eyes were drawn to him as soon as he did. with funky green pants on, a white button up shirt and some jacket.
he had on these big sunglasses and he was nearly bald. 
he looked like a hippie, and it made me chuckle. he ordered a beer and had the nerve to sit across from me.
i looked at him, he took off his sunglasses. his kind eyes met mine.
he smiled weakly. "alex" he said, holding his hand out.
i shook it "elodie" i said with a slight accent.
i took another sip of my beer and grabbed a cigarette out of my pocket and offered it to him. he kindly took it, he let out a simple "thank you"
i grabbed once for myself and lit his first, then i lit mine.
i slowly inhaled and let the smoke travel over my lungs.
we didnt talk, but it wasnt needed, really.
it just.. clicked.
"you have a story" he said suddenly. "i can see it in your eyes"
"well...alex... whats my story" i asked playfully smirking.
"hm... not sure.., something with family for sure. plus youre sitting alone, so i guess no close friends and no family in the picture, you moved here not so long ago"  he seemed proud of his words, and he should be. he was right. his thick accent showed a lot more during that last sentence. he wasnt from london either.
"youre right, i have no friends, i moved here two years ago. my family kicked me out and im from france"  he smiled satisfied at his prediction.
"you have a story aswell.. with an outfit like that" i said
"what do you mean by that?" he asked and he took a sip of his beer.
"i mean.. you look like david bowie puked on a prison inmate"
he chuckled.
"thats a clever explanation for that.. i must say" he replied.
"but whats my story" he suggested.
"hm... lets see. youre a band guy for sure, from the look of your arms i can tell you play guitar. and from the looks i saw people give you youre not so underground anymore"  i put the cigarette in my mouth again.
"youre right.. i am in a band, and i do play guitar. and yeah, we arent that underground anymore, although i miss it when we were" he looked at the ceiling for a moment.
"interesting..." i finished my beer and so did he. "want another one?" he asked me.
"sure" i replied. he left and came back with 2 beers and too many shots to count.
"i wasnt planning on getting shitfaced tonight" i said looking at everything he put on the table.
"you seem like a nice person to get drunk with...plus i was planning on getting shitfaced anyway"
i just nodded and picked up a shot "to our stories"
he picked one up aswell "to our stories indeed"
we both took the shot and i put the glass down, the heat filled my chest. i didnt make a face thought. to his suprise.
i took a sip of my beer to wash it down.
we took the shots one by one in a quick pace.
after about half an hour we both finished all of it, and we both started feeling a bit giggly.
we decided to just smoke outside since the alcohol made us both boiling hot.
we sat against the brick wall, after we both finished our cigarettes he saw me shaking, so he took off his jacket and put it around me.
the alcohol really kicked in at that moment, my head spun and i could barely walk.
he seemed to be more in controll of his body but his mind was as far gone as mine.
"ill walk you home darling" he said stuttering every few words. we stood up and he put an arm around my waist.
my house was only a 5 minute walk away but somehow it took us 20 minutes to get there. i struggled with the keys but eventually we got into my house.
"tada" i said laughing.
he laughed aswell and i closed and locked the door.  we walked to the bedroom and i just let myself fall on my bed. he followed and layed down next to me.
we both fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

the next morning i woke up, i never really had hangovers, so i just took a shower and put on some fresh clothes.
i came back into my bedroom and he had woken up too.
he was holding his head in his hands.
"are you ok?" i asked him walking up to him.
he nodded "do you have a painkiller tho? my head hurts... and can i use your shower?"
i smiled and rubbed his back "sure.. ill get that painkiller for you.. and you can shower if you want.. ill wash your clothes in the meantime and you could just lend some of my sweats or something"
i got him a painkiller and a glass of water, he took it and drank the water.
he went to shower and i washed his clothes for him. it was the least i could do.
i gave him a sweater and sweats, we were about the same height and stuff so i figured they would fit.
and they did, he walked into the living room wearing them. "thanks elodie.. you really didnt have to"
i smiled at him "its fine alex its the least i could do"
he chuckled "the last time i woke up in another ones bed she just threw me out of her house...eh she wasnt that great anyway.. and it was like a year ago" he added.
he took a deep breath "can i have your number?"
i looked him in the eyes "hm... should i give you my number?"  i looked at him with that same playfull grin of last night.
"yeah... we should do this more often" he smiled at me. he looked like a happy person, but selectivally happy.
"alright then alex..." i wrote my number down and handed him the note.
i walked over to my dryer and grabbed his clothes. i gave them to him "here you go"
"thank you so much elodie.." he walked into the bathroom and got changed. he didnt have his jacket on though. we said goodbye at the door.
"ill call you elodie" he said walking away.
"dont call me!" i yelled after him and i heard him laugh.

A/N
uh hi guys hahah are you enjoying this so far? ive never really done like an authors note before so here i am...  if you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments or send me a message.. im slowly running out of ideas 😳 also thanks for the people already supportig my story! i really enjoy making these.
thank you!
luna.