"no, not you"

somewhere in 2011
i slammed my apartment door crying.. i cant believe this happened. i got fired. and only because there was some guy who apparantly better then me. i needed this job so badly, i could just pay rent and feed myself with the money i made.
i took a bath and listened to some music, when i got out i decided to look pretty, i also decided to go out on my own tonight, i needed distraction. i straightened my blond shoulder length hair and put on some mascara.
i went to my closet and put on some black shorts and a strokes t-shirt. i put some converses on and ate dinner by myself, like always... i had been single since i was 24.. i was 26 now and things were getting more and more lonely. i grabbed my long black coat and walked outside, i lit up a cigarette and smoked it on my way to the pub. when i got there i hung up my coat... or threw it in the corner.
i walked up to the bartender and ordered a shot and some whiskey. i took the shot at the bar and took the whiskey in my hand while looking for a place to sit.
i see a free chair at a table with a small group of guys, they looked like they were about 25 but you never know with boys..
i sit down on the chair. silence comes to the table.
"hey" i say to the guy across from me, he was super cute, and handsome.
the guy next to him answers "and who are you?"
"i wasnt talking to you greased lightning" i said to him.
he scoffed, the others laughed. but the guy across from me looked a bit more shy.. he looked down slightly.
i reached out my hand to him. he shook it "im luna" i said smiling at him.
"nick" he replied with a shy smile.
i smiled back at him, i heard somebody talk again. "the strokes hm? you have good taste" the guy next to nick says. "thank you... actually you guys look familiar.. i cant remember from what tho" i say
"were in a band" grease lightning says.
"what band?" i ask him genuinly curious.
"the arctic monkeys" he says.
" yeah i think i know a song or two.. let me guess.. youre the lead singer?" i say a bit teasingly.
"i am.." he replied

i spent the whole night talking to nick about music and life and how i got fired.. he was the sweetest guy ever, and he was funny. at the end of the night he offered to walk me home. i was shivering and he shyly put an arm around me. i smiled and snuggled into him a little... he was so so cute i could barely handle it.
we arrived at my door.. "can i have your number?" i ask smiling at him.
"sure" he said and i handed him my phone. he put his number in and put his name in as "nick band guy :)"
i kissed his cheek and said bye to him. he blushed and smiled.
i watched him walk away into the night as i closed my door.