at last

2015

it was wednesday night, me and Jamie always went out to do something on wednesdays.. when he wasnt on tour of course, sometimes id go with him for a while, sometimes i wont.
but now they were on a little break and me and Jamie never had this much time together.
i worked drom home, it was a little hard at the moment though, not because jamie was home, but because i was pregnant, about 8 months at that time.
we knew it was a boy, and we were both excited about it. we've always wanted children, i imagine teaching them how to play the drums or guitar when they grow up...just involve a lot of music. me and jamie basically lived for music.
i was a producer for some musicians.. most of them weren't that big but one of them kinda jumped out. i loved working with her. its doja cat, i know, my boyfriend is in a rock band and i produce for a female rapper.
but it was nice, i liked rock a lot better but im better at producing stuff like this.

i got ready in a nice dress that was a bit flowy, not too classy though.
we walked around and decided to sit at the bar we met a long time ago, we had been dating for about 4 years.
we never got married though, im also not really waiting for him to ask. we just know we love eachother more then anything and thats enough.
he ordered a beer and i ordered some water with some lemon.
we just talked all night, thats something me and jamie could do 24/7.. just talk about everything and nothing at the same time.

he was the most caring person ive ever met, he's a very cute guy when it comes to love. he likes to hold hands, cuddle, play with my hair and that sort of stuff. and it only got worse when i got pregnant, not that i minded of course.
his reaction was priceless when i told him, he had just come back from tour and we decided to just start trying for a baby.

after a couple months it worked and i told him right away, he just got so happy.
when we told the rest of his band they were all so happy about it.
so were both of our parents.

a song started playing, it was at last by Etta James.
we both loved it and i started softly singing along.
he grabbed my hand and basically pulled me from my chair.
he put his hands around my waist and i put mine around his neck.
we just started dancing slowly.
i couldnt help but laugh a bit.
we just stood there in the middle of the bar slowdancing to our favorite love song, cheesy right?

untill i felt something drip down my leg, i looked down confused. "did i just piss myself?" i say softly.
jamie just bursts out laughing, he was really a kid at heart ill give him that.
"wait a second... ive been feeling weird all day...and now- oh shit"

he got a bit more serious "what?"
"i think my water just broke"

his eyes widened "oh.. my fucking god"
i calmly paid for our drinks and walked out with him, while walking home he kept being all panicked and worried, i kept telling him it was fine and that it could take hours and hours untill the baby would be here.

about 10 hours later, at 7 am. i was holding my son. we named him Forrest. we both loved the name and it suited us well.
i was exhausted from everything that just happened, jamie was really happy once they gave forrest to him.
he was smiling down at him and talking in this high kid like voice.

i looked at them with a satisfied smile...