You're So Dark

2013
( this one's in Alex's point of view btw ;) )

its been months since alexa broke up with me, i really loved her and she loved me but it just didnt work. i dont know why but this hurts much worse then just breaking up because someone doesnt have feelings anymore. this was especially heartbreaking because we both didnt want for this to happen.
it was tough trying to get over her but i was trying. i spent a lot of time writing new music, some about alexa and some about a little fling i had with a girl some time ago.
and when i wasnt writing music or recording songs i'd be drinking in a pub. a different one everytime, just so people dont start talking to me, today was the same. i walked to a pub i never went to before and sat at a table in the back. i ordered a beer and just looked around to see people having fun, laughing, getting fucked and being happy about it.

before i met alexa i wasnt the guy to go out, id much rather stay in and read a nice book. but she made me like going out eventually, i have no idea how she managed to do it.

someone came in, a girl.
she was short, black long hair. black boots, black jeans, a big black coat and you could guess, a black t shirt.
and to top it off.. black lipstick.
she ordered something and smiled. her teeth were white, like toothpaste ad white.
vampire like, almost
mysterious, and i was interested.
she sat down at another empty table. i took my chance and went over to sit with her, i grabbed a chair and she looked up at me. i sat down. she didnt talk and i didnt either. we just looked at eachother for a while.
she spoke up "well.. since you wont talk i will.. im Dorothy.. but people call me rose for some reason"
i smiled at her "im alex... but most people call me turner.. or a dickhead depends on who you'd ask"
she didnt even let out a chuckle, any other easier girl wouldve laughed.
"so.. alex dickhead turner.. why are you here alone?"  she raised an eyebrow at me.
"i like to waste my time on looking at people having fun, while im not. sounds pathetic, i know"
now she did chuckle
"so i guess youre boring" she said with a more daring face.
"very boring..."  she was right, i had been boring for a long time.
"the last album you put out is nice btw" she said taking a sip of her drink casually. she knew who i was, suprising. i mean she looked like the type to listen to our music but i didnt expect her to know my name and link it to the band.
"whats your favorite song off it?" i asked her genuinly curious.
"piledriver waltz.. its good"
i smiled, not expecting that answer from her.
"thats my favorite one too"

we spent the rest of the night talking about different music and styles, i found out she played bass. she showed me some covers she'd recorded, she was really good.
im not even going to lie i was very attracted to her, like very.
"can i have your number?" i asked her
"sure.. give me your phone"
i gave her my phone and she put her number in it.
"thank you... i have to go" i stand up
"thats ok.. ill hear from you?" smart of her to put that job on me.. she was smart in general, knew a lot and loved to talk about it.
"you certainly will"
i left and went back home.

we spent a couple months talking over the phone and texting, i didnt really have time to hang out or go out with her. i felt guilty but she kept saying it was fine and that i shouldnt worry too much.
i wrote a song about her, recorded it too. the lyrics were a bit.. edgy i must say.
we were going to put the song out together with our other song 'one for the road' wich was going on our next album.
we liked to add a song sometimes that wouldnt end up on the album in the end.

once we put it out i sent the link to the song to her
i texted her under that message "believe it or not but this is about you"

she took a while to respond. i guess she was listensing to it.
"you have a dirty mind alex. but i dont mind" thats the only thing she replied. no thank you. it was very much like her not to thank me, i knew she was thankfull for it without her pointing it out.
she sent me another text "i bet you wont make an acoustic version to this one"
i laughed at it and grabbed my guitar, i recorded a simple acoustic version of the song.
i sent it to her "challenge accepted" i wrote under it.
"youre unbelievable turner"
"so are you rose"