she's thunderstorms

2010
( this one's in Matt's point of view eheheh)

i was late, me and andrea were supposed to meet up at this restaurant just outside of the city centre. i ran down the street and walked into the building, and there she was. in the back alone with a glass of wine. i cursed at myself in my head. i was never late, like actually never.
i sat down across from her "im so sorry im late.. i'll make it up to you i swear"
she just let out a chuckle  "its fine matt.. dont even worry about it"
she was always so chill about everything, i loved that about her.
me and andrea had been on a couple dates, i hadnt told her about the band yet. i didnt know what she would say or think. but of course today she asked me this...
"hey matt.. i never asked you.. what do you do for a living?"
i smiled at her and just answered honestly "im in a band.. i play drums" i said looking away for a second.
"oh wow thats great, whats the band called?" she sounded excited, great.
"we're called the arctic monkeys.. its just me, a childhood friend and some other friends... we have 3 albums out at the moment"
i smiled at myself, she sounded even more excited "really? i know a couple songs.."
"wait what? what songs?" i was suprised she knew who the monkeys were.
"i really like crying lightning and do me a favour.. i dont know much more if im honest"
i loved those songs, one of my favorites really.
we ordered our food.
"well andrea.. what do you do for a living?"
she smiled and started talking passionatly about her job as a highschool teacher, she just started working at a local highschool after finishing college.
i just listened to her talk and getting all excited talking about her favorite students and all the trouble they get into sometimes, her stories made me laugh, we got our food and started eating while i told her funny stories about the band, for example when our manager had forbidden jamie to bring his skateboard but he did anyway, and how alex somehow fell of the board just by standing on it.
she laughed wich made me feel a bit better about myself.
we had desert and of course i payed after, i liked treating her on a nice dinner, even though she almost fought me to pay herself. i liked that about her.
we walked outside and it immediately started pouring raining, we didnt have coats on so we got soaked by the rain, looked over at her and she just started laughing, it made me laugh too. she grabbed my hand "lets walk" she said. "yeah of course" i said laughing, we startted walking down the street.
it started storming aswell, we heard a loud bang and she squeezed my hand. it was cute, the thunder made her a bit nervous but of course she wouldnt show it.
i walked her back to her house and gave her a hug.
she just grabbed my face and kissed me, in the pouring rain.
after that i walked home and texted the rest of the guys about it like i was a 16 year old girl texting my girlfriend about my crush in class.

she's amazing, she's thunderstorms to me.