break a leg pt 2

2004

today was the competitions finale. me and alex... well it was  complicated. we just kissed that night. i dont think we would work out anyway.

today we just had to perform  a song we loved, just what i wanted. i loved performing songs i liked listening to. oliver picked the song this time, but we chose an original this time. we wrote it a couple months ago. ( original:  'baby you're a haunted house'- gerard way)

we started playing, the vocals go in at the same time

"Baby, you're a haunted house
Better find another superstition
We're gonna stay in love somehow
'Cause, baby, you're a haunted house now

And your heart will stay forever

When your last remains are few
In the dark we dance together
And I'd like to be waiting with you"

the monkeys performed 'love buzz' by nirvana. it was really good, i enjoyed it a lot.

after their performance we all got on the stage. we just sat down on the ground together while the judges were deciding who would win.

i mean of course i wanted to win but they were so good.. i honestly have no idea who is going home with what prize tonight. there was a prize but nobody really knew what it was. seemed weird to me.

one of the judges stood before us "well.. we discussed for a long time. and we first want to tell you what the prize is.
if you win, you'll get signed to domino records. so you'll be able to bring out your own stuff soon."

we all looked at eachother shocked. a soft "holy shit" came out of andy's mouth

she continued "so.. we think both of the groups have to much talent and potential...
we almost couldnt decide.
so we called domino records... and we have great news. you'll both get signed!"

our faces lit up and we almost jumped up from the ground. we all hugged eachother, lastly i hugged alex "im so proud of us al" i said. he chuckled "we did great..."

2018

we all sat together again, 14 years later. its been that long since we were together with all of us. me and alex had been dating for some time now. we had a fling during the competition. but broke it off after some time because we were busy.
then in 2010 we saw eachother a lot at the studio, not only because we are signed to the same lable, but also because me and the boys helped the monkeys with their album "suck it and see"

me and alex started dating again around 2015, all because his friend miles kept saying that he should ask me out. little did i know alex had a crush on me for the longest time. he had dated models and beautifull women.. i didnt see myself as such.

was i jealous of those women? of course i was. i dont think i ever got over him. he only grew on me over the years. i had dated other men but none of them compared to alex.

he was just...himself. but not a lot of people agree with that, around 2012 people started to critisize him a lot. just because he tends to be more shy in interviews sometimes. or nervous. they all just think he's drunk or high. you know thats what caused his drinking problem in 2014.
i came over at his a lot during that time, he'd either be happy to see me, cry in my arms because he couldnt anymore, or throw empty liqour bottles at my head. fuck, i even had to fight him once. im lucky i took some self defense classes when i was younger.

he just changed... and then he started on the drugs, of course. cocaine was his favorite, the most practical.

around june of 2014 i was done with his shit. so i decided to go to his house....

i rang the doorbell and he opened the door, drunk. and definetly high.

"come on al lets go for a ride" i said and hinted at my car.

"fine. but only because youre not as much of a bitch as my ex"
that was a weird comment but i took it.
he slammed the door and walked to my car. but we werent gonna go for a ride.

thats right, i took him to a rehab centre, he didnt realise that untill we walked into the building.

when we got there i checked him in and he finally knew what was happening.
he started yelling at me calling me stuff i wont even repeat for the sake of your ears. i just stood there, with tears in my eyes while the security guards took him away from me.