do me a favour, pt 2

2013

i got in my car and drove to my friends house, we were going to this festival not so far away from where i lived. i picked her up and we drove to the venue where it would be held.

we were very early since there werent many people there yet. we just sat down at a table somewhere in the back of the field. my friend Lisa, got us some drinks.

me and lisa havent talked in ages. we became friends in college and didnt really see eachother a lot since. we usually just went to a restaurant or a little cafe to get some lunch once ever 6 months or so. but last week lisa asked me if id go to glastonbury with her, of course i said yes.

i had no idea what people would be performing or what things were gonna happen but i didnt really care. i loved festivals, just the people and the vibe it has.

a guy came up to our table, he had black elvis like hair and was very handsome, i looked at him and raised an eyebrow. he looked familiar.

he grabbed a jacket from the table that was just laying there before. he looked at me and froze. he looked so confused, i swear i knew him. but from where.

he just sat down across from us "i know you" he said and he stared into my eyes, his arms resting on the table confidently.

confidence, thats the only thing that i really saw in him at this moment. but his face softened up when he realised. his whole looked changed, he took his arms off the table and frowned as if he was confused at something, then he looked at me again "Daisy?"

i looked at him a bit confused "how did you know?" his mouth opened a little, he gave me a look as if he wanted to say something like 'no way'

"its alex... you know from highschool"

my jaw dropped, he had changed so much it was crazy, the soft little al i knew wasnt there anymore. i mean in his appearance, his way of being was the same.

"al? holy shit" i let out a chuckle and got up from the table, so did he and i pulled him into a tight hug.  "you look so different" i said. "is that a good or a bad thing" he said smiling at me, his smile melted me, it always did. "its a very good thing.. you look great al"

he blushed just a little "you look great aswell daisy... how have you been?"

i told him about my life and that i became an artist, he loved hearing about my stories but eventually i stopped.

"so.. what brings you here" i asked

"well actually... we're playing in a couple hours" he said looking down for just a second.

"you're kidding! thats amazing!" i said with a big smile

he just laughed it off

...

after his show we decided to sit down with just the two of us to catch up and really talk, about everything. we even talked about our love lives and how neither of our relationships ever worked out like we wanted them to. he told me about his exes and i told him about mine. it was like we were back in 2006 again. 

after a while i told him i had to go, so he pulled me into a tight hug and slipped me a note into my pocket. "pinky promise you'll call?" he said and he held out his pinky.

we did our signature pinky promise and i left.

2016

"boo!" alex yelled as he opened our bedroom door. i flinched and screamed for just a second and i hit him in his chest "you fucker" we both laughed and he put his arms around me.

"are you almost ready?" he said.

"what do you think? im half naked" i chuckled at him.

"well.. ill give you another 10 minutes.. or im gonna leave without you" he said slowly closing the door.

"no you wont"

"ok youre right i wont"

i got dressed and put on some light makeup, i slid something in my pocket.

me and alex walked to the restaurant hand in hand while talking about tour and how i was gonna go with him this time, he had introduced me to miles a couple years ago. we grew very close since we seemed to have a lot in common.

we sat down at a table in the back of the restaurant, we ordered our food and it came very quickly.

he asked me about some new paintings i had in mind, i was going to make a portrait of the entire band soon. on a huge canvass of course. it was for their studio, 'to keep it a bit artsy' alex had said.

after we finished our main course i took a deep breath "darling do you remember when we broke up?" i asked him. "of course i do.. a little painfull" he chuckled.

"well we had a little deal, right? that if when we were 30 and had nobody we'd just get married?"

he nearly choked on his water "i do.. funny that you bring that up though"

i saw him reach in his pocket, so i did that too.. quickly. before we knew it we both held a little box.

i just bursted out laughing and so did he, this was such a thing for us to do.

"why did you?" he said still laughing "well i thought it would be a funny suprise" i said opening the box i had in my hands, revealing a little golden ring, very basic but pretty.

he opened his too, it was about the same ring, only the one he was holding was a little thinner.

"well daisy... i really wanna do this so please let me" i chuckled "go for it al"

he got up from his chair and got on one knee, a classic of course. he started talking about when we first started dating and how happy he was that we found eachother again. i just smiled at him, you couldve guessed his final question. "will you marry me daisy?"

i nodded and got up too, i pulled him in a tight hug and he put the ring on my finger, so i did the same thing.

we sat back down and grabbed our glasses of wine, "to us" i said, he smiled "to us"

so this is part 2! OnlyEarlGreyTea4