Arabella

2009
Matt's pov:

i couldnt stop thinking about her, it was like her name was tattooed in my mind... 'bella'

the way she walked, the way she talked, her smile, her flaws. i liked everything about her.. but i didnt have the balls to tell her, of course i didnt.
she was one of jamie's friends.. i met her at his birthday party last year. after that i saw her a couple more times when we would hang out with bigger groups, whenever we would talk we'd have these wonderfull deeper conversations, about music or space even. she wasnt a fan of politics though, she thought it was all bullshit anyway.
she was incredible at like.. everything you'd imagine.
an american dream you'd say.
she loved swimming, wich i thought was nice.
she told me the did competative swimming untill age 16.

i decided to just call her, what could go wrong right?
i dialed her number and held the phone to my ear, she picked up right away.

"hey Matt.. didnt expect you to call"

her voice just sounded pretty.. i dont know how to describe it but it was the truth.

"yeah.. i've been wanting to call you for a while.. i was wondering if you'd want to get a drink sometime?"

she let out a small chuckle.. was it bad or good?i got a bit nervous.

"of course, ive been waiting for you to ask me out"

she what? i had all these nerves to hear that. honestly i feel stupid sometimes.

"i can pick you up at 2 if you want"

"yeah, perfect.. ill see you" she said obviously smiling. she sounds different smiling.

"you sure will" i hung up the phone

oh my god, this was the first time i ever succesfully asked a girl out.
they always reject me or friendzone me for some reason. and when were with the band all of the girls had their attention on either alex or jamie.

i got ready and made sure i smelt nice.. i liked smelling nice, it made me feel more confident.

i took a deep breath and got in my car

i put on some music and drove to hee house, when i got there it took me some courage to ring her doorbell but i did it eventually.

she opened the door and smiled at me, i smiled back at her "hey" she said and leaned in the doorframe.

"hey..." i said and she walked to my car, i wanted to open the door for her but she was already in the passenger seat.

i got in the car and drove off

"where are you taking me?" she asked me, while looking at me.

"how about the beach?" i looked back at her and saw she blushed just a little, it made me smile and i looked back at the road.

"sounds perfect"

...

we sat on the sand together and just talked.. she told me she got a new job in the city, she worked at a music shop. just a music shop.

i really liked that, i'm definetly planning on getting something there. just to suprise her.

we just clicked, i really trusted her and it felt like she trusted me too. she told me everything and just ranted about stuff, its funny when she does that because she always says sorry after.

when the sun started to go down we got back in the car and just sat there, she had goosebumps.. and was shivering a little.

i took of my jacket and gave it to her, she put it on and thanked me.
it was a little big on her but it suited her well.

we just sat in the car in silence listening to music and looking at the sunset.

she just grabbed my hand and held it, still looking outside.

at the end of the night i took her home and she walked out of the car, she walked to her door.

wtf was i doing?  im totally blowing this.

i got out of the car and walked up to her, she turned to me with a smirk and i just kissed her.