everything you've come to expect

summer of 2016

i got a text from my best friend miles, he was playing at a festival near me with his band 'the last shadow puppets'. their new album came out and he had been on tour for a while so i didnt see him for some time, i missed him a lot. we were really close and told eachother everything, i think hes the funnies person i know.
"hey sam why dont you come a bit earlier i want to introduce you to someone"
i smiled at my phone and replied.
"sure.. ill be there in 20 minutes"
i walked out of my hotelroom and went to the festival with a taxi.
when i got there i walked in and showed my ticket, they let me in early because i had a special ticket sort of thing. miles had arranged that for me, god i appreciated the guy.
i walked further and saw him talking to some people, he turned around and saw me. his face lit up and he walked towards me.
he gave me a big hug "i missed you sam" he said
"i missed you too miles" i chuckle and pull away from the hug. behind him was another guy. dark longer hair, great style. unbelievabely handsome. id lie if i said he didnt look like a dream.
miles grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the guy.
he gave me a hug too, sweet of him. "im alex" he said smiling to me.
"sam" i said looking him up and down, shit he was gorgeous.
"well its nice to meet you sam" he looked at me and observed my face. it made me blush.
miles broke the silence "im gonna get coffee.. do you want some?" he asked us. we both replied at the same time saying the same thing "yes thank you"
we both chuckled.
miles went away and the rest of the people that were standing with us left.
it was just us two.
"so... are you miles' secret lover?" he asked laughing to himself.
"oh no hes my best friend.. since high school" i answered smiling at him.
"he's told me a lot of good things about you, sam" he said, his voice sounds so nice. i loved his accent.
"hes told me about you too.. like a lot, by the way the album is great, i really liked it. it reminds me of da-" he finished the sentence with me "david bowie" we both said.
he laughed "thank you" he smiled and looked down.
it was slightly akward if im honest, he was a little shy. but i thought it was cute.
miles finally came back with coffee. he handed it to us and alex took a sip. "fuck i burnt my mouth" he said. miles and i laughed "dumbass" miles said.
alex chuckled too and wiped a little coffee off his lips.
after some time it was time for them to perform. i stood in the front and they came on stage, alex seemed to have gained some confidence when he walked on stage..
he saw me and winked at me.
i smiled back at him.
they started playing their songs and i sang along.
sweet dreams, TN started playing. my favorite off the album, alex had such a beautifull voice.
he got on his knees on the stage in front of me and sang the last verse.
i shook my head smiling.
after the performance we decided to go out to a pub to talk.
it was getting colder outside...
once we got to the pub, us three squeezed into a tiny booth in the back, we all ordered drinks and talked about the show and our lives, about how miles never introduced me to alex and so on.
hours later we were still talking and laughing, obviously we were all drunk. but we still had enough brains left to walk and talk properly.
miles went to the toilet and alex offered to smoke outside together.
we walked outside and stood against the brick wall..
he gave me a cigarette and lit it for me.
then he lit his own, it was cold outside, i shivered a little. alex put his arm around me and rubbed my arm "its cold isnt it" he said.
"no shit sherlock"
he chuckled.
i put the cig out on the floor with my foot and so did he.
i took a deep breath and turned to him, he gave me a drunk smile
i came a bit closer and smiled "i like your face"
he giggled "i like yours too"
drunk talk, you know. why do i always say weird shit when im drunk? you tell me.
he softly grabbed my chinwith his hand and smiled at me "can i kiss you?"
i nodded and he pressed his lips on mine.
he moved his hand from my face to my waist. he pulled me closer and softly pressed me against the wall.
miles came outside aswell "hey lovebirds we should get back to the hotel"
we pulled away from eachother and alex gave me a kiss on the cheek.
he grabbed my hand and we walked to the hotel.
to my suprise miles wasnt mad at us, he seemed to like us getting closer.
we arrived to the hotel and i said goodbye to miles first with a big hug.
i kissed alex again and then hugged him
i gave him my number
"call me" i said smiling and walking to my hotel room.