riot van

2002

i walked to school, my overalls were dirty. my shoes were dirty, they once were white converses... i dont even know what color to call them now.. but oh well, it was worth it in the end.

in class i sat next to alex, my best friend. we'd known eachother for ages.. together with matt we would always go out and do stuff god forbid.
although alex was shy at first he really opens up when youre alone with him, or with a smaller group

he looked at me and started laughing
"what?" i said and chuckled myself, his laugh was just so cute i couldnt stop myself from laughing with him.
"Jade you got some paint on your face"
he wiped it off with his thumb
"thank you al"
he just smiled at me.
"are you free after school?" i asked him, while bouncing my leg under the table. thats just something i do.. is it a bad habit? no idea.

"mhm.. im free.. what did you have in mind?"
he opened his books.
"well i kinda want to make another mural today.. but i need someone to go with me"

"yeah sure.. i like to see you make those"

i chuckled "thats because im good at it"

...

after our last class me and alex walked to my house, we walked in and i ran upstairs to get my spraypaint.
i quickly put my hair half up half down.
i had dyed my hair a dark shade of blue, i just liked it this way. yes i got stared at a lot but at least i look good right?

i ran downstairs and quickly walked out the door with him.
he offered to carry my stuff but i just laughed at him.

we got to an alley where it was hard to see if someone was in it.
i threw my stuff down and got to sketching, i drew a big electric guitar on the wall.
alex sat on the ground looking at me, we talked about everything and nothing. we were good at that.. we didnt agree on everything but we understood eachother.

our parents kept asking us if we were together yet, but me and alex werent like that at all.
i mean yeah we'd go out for dinner together or go to the cinema together but it wasnt anything romantic.. at all..

i grabbed bright red spraypaint and started filling in part of the body of the guitar.

about 3 hours later i finished, i was looking at it from a distance and it looked great.
untill i heard a car.
then i heard people come out of the car.
fuck.

i quickly grabbed my paint and threw it in my bag while alex got up, he tried to help me with putting my paint back but i snatched it out of his hand
"just fuck off alex"
. he looked at me a bit confused but i kept packing as quick as i could.

but i was too late, the cop was too close to take the paint with me.

we ran as fast as we could and eventually we outran him.
we were both out of breath and i sat down on the grass.
he sat down next to me
i put my head in my hands and felt tears coming in my eyes.
he put a hand on my shoulder. "we'll get that back.. i promise" he said talking in a calming voice.
"you dont know that alex"
some tears dripped on the grass and i wiped my eyes with my hands.

"sorry" i said and i got up, he got up with me "sorry for what"

"for being a bitch to you"
he just smiled "its alright...now lets go home and definetly dont tell our parents"

i chuckled and we walked home together, we didnt say much but you could tell he actually thought it was alright.

heyy! im so happy with the 3k reads i reached yesterday!
it makes me happy to see people comment and share what they think about it or just vote to show me that they liked it...
it means a lot to me!
thank you guys so much