3 in the morning

11 pm... he wasnt here. weird. he was supposed to come home hours ago, he always texts me when he's going to he late and this wasnt like him. i called him a couple times but he didnt answer. i texted him, no answer. i was starting to get worried.

12 am
still no answer.. no sign of my husband. he was late more often but then it would be about 20 minutes.. never more then an hour.. he was supposed to come home at 8. but the house was empty and cold.

1 am
i was starting to get angry with him, and i couldnt bring myself to go to sleep. usually when he'd be late he'd text me and i would go to sleep. but something was off

2 am
nobody... i almost couldnt keep my eyes open, but i had to stay awake. i made myself coffee and drank it quickly, waking myself up a bit.
i turned all the lights off except for the one thats always on in the kitchen.

3 am
i heard the door open, finally. i saw a drunk alex walking into the house, he brought the smell of cigarettes and alcohol into the house. i sighed and walked up to him "where were you?" i ask in a more worried voice then mad. "oh hey baby" he said grabbing me by my waist. "alex... why didnt you text me?" i asked
he didnt answer and pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and a lighter. he lit it and brought it to his lips, i was tempted to smoke with him but i didnt... precaution.. i think
i looked at his cheek, red lipstick. i dont wear red lipstick. fuck.
i put out my cigarette and just went to our spare bedroom, i had no interest in laying next to a drunk alex.
i heard him on the stairs as he found his way to the bedroom.
i couldnt help but cry, hoping the lipstick was his friend's or it was some stupid chick trying to get closer to him. i was jealous, and i usually dont get jealous.
the next morning i took a shower and got dressed. i decided to also take a pregnancy test. since i was late.
i left the test on the guest bathroom counter and went downstairs where alex was, the lipstick washed off his face like it was never there.
i walked to grab a book when he spoke up "im sorry darling.. i lost my phone and i didnt think of calling you"
i nodded "where were you?" i asked again, to a sober alex this time.
"i went to visit my parents and then i went out with matt.. the lipstick was mum's"
he looked up at me and i chuckled, his mom did indeed wear red lipstick. i was releaved.
i walked upto him and pecked him on the lips "i was worried.. make sure you text me next time"
he nodded "of course love"

i went upstairs to grab the test i took earlier, i didnt look at the result yet. i took the test to alex and sat next to him "i took this when i woke up... i havent looked at it yet" i said still holding my hand over the result.
he looked at me with a smile "show me" he said sounding a bit excited.
i took my hand off and looked at the test.. it had 2 clear lines, i was pregnant.
i looked over at alex as he realised. we had been trying for a baby for about a year now, but it never worked. he smiled from ear to ear "congrats love" he said kissing my forehead. 
i laughed and i hugged him tightly.
he lowered his face to my stomach "you better be good to your mother and dont make her sick" he said in a dad-like demanding voice.
i chuckled and he did too.
i kissed him deeply
"were finally gonna be parents" he said with excitement in his voice.