golden trunks

2021

"Alex?... Al?" i said when i came home, he was nowhere to be seen... i got a little worried and started looking into every room..
he wasnt in the livingroom... but his phone was. shit, i couldnt even call him. not that he was a big fan of phones anyway.
i went to the kitchen, Alex and Arya must have made pancakes this afternoon.. the smell made me smile a little.
on to our bedroom... no Alex, no Arya.
did they go somewhere?
i went to Arya's room... nobody.
her room was a little messy, but what do you expect from a 15 year old.
i got pregnant with Arya when me and Alex were both 20, its a little young but we made it work.
we'd go on tour together and watch the band play.
Arya knew a lot of songs by them from memory. we taught her how to play the drums when she was just 4 years old, she's amazing at it. whenever Matt is free he'll come over to teach her new things,
she started playing guitar at 8 or 9... when she could hold the guitar at least.
alex loved teaching her all kinds of instruments and i must say she has her fathers genes.

finally it clicked, of course.
i walked into the backyard to the studio we had there, it was completely sound proof.
i opened the door and saw alex and arya right there, next to eachother on the piano stool.

i just stood in the doorway watching with a smile, they barely noticed i came in.
they looked so adorable together, alex was a great father. always has been, well mentally he's sort of a kid himself but he loves Arya more then anything ever. i could hear he was teaching her 'golden trunks' a song from their last album.

she was so into it.. it was adorable. you know, she looked like her father.

...

me and alex came home at around 11pm from some friends that day, we told Arya she could have a friend or 2 over because she never really liked being home alone. she loved being around people and had always been such a social and bright kid.
she wasnt the smartest or her class, but that didnt matter. she does her best, she also loves all kinds of hobbies. painting, drawing, playing music.. and way more, she even knitted me socks once.

alex's pov:

she wasnt in the living room so i just assumed she was in her room, it was quiet so i figured she had just fallen asleep. without a second thought i opened the door, my eyes turned wide and i instantly turned around and closed the door again, i basically ran downstairs.
"darling im gonna need soap in my eyes"
i said clearly baffled at what i just saw.
"what?" she chuckled "was she watching a horror movie or something?"
i shook my head "but it damn well couldve been a horror movie for me"

she just started laughing "there's a boy up there isnt it?"
i nodded "they were practically eating eachothers faces, i wish i didnt see that"  i was fine with the idea of her having a boyfriend but seeing that wasnt something on my bucketlist.

not even 10 minutes later we heard Arya and the guy come in to the livingroom.
"i hope i wont give you nightmares, since you looked like you saw a ghost" arya said. "its not like i havent seen you and mom snogging in the kitchen"
"ok you have a point... but have you seen your mother?" i chuckled.
she just made a funny, disgusted face at me.
"well.. im Robin..." the boy said and he shook my hand "its Alex... but for you its mr. Turner.... "
he looked a bit confused.
"im kidding just call me alex"
he smiled and introduced himself to Flora.

after that he left.

"arya?" i said
"mhm?" she answered and walked over to the couch where i was sitting.
"sit down for a second"
she sat down "what is it?"

"ok so first of all... Robin seems like a nice kid... how old is he?"

"he's 16.. and yeah he is.. i really like him"

arya is very opem to us in everything.. robin must've been a school friend or something.. but i thought robin was a girl.

i smiled at her "i can see that.. well so first off boys are absolute dicks so please be carefull.. youre a strong young lady and dont let him do anything to you alright? ok second of all, use protection"

she chuckled and shook her head "dad youre embarassing sometimes"

"oh i know i do it on purpose"

we both laughed
"but im serious please use protection... and lock your door"

"i will, i will"

i nodded and got up "come here love"

she got up too and i hugged her
"you know i love you, right dad?"
that caught me by suprise...she had never really said that to me before, not that direct i mean.
"i love you too sweety" i said and kissed the top of her head.
"now get some rest.. big day tommorow"
she smiled at me "goodnight"
"sleep well" i answered and she went upstairs.

if im honest it was hard to keep myself from crying to that, i never really cried about stuff but this just came as such a suprise i couldnt help myself getting emotional...

hey guys! so i thought id just write about how i think al would be as a dad! i had fun writing this chapter a lot ( def didnt cry ahem)