Riker (you're stealing him away) Request by Amelia

Sitting on the couch of your living room, you texted your boyfriend Riker.

‘Hey.’

‘Hey :)’ he texted back.

Are you coming over tonight again?’ You and Riker had been dating for about two months. The best nights spent were when he would come over to your house and you’d watch a movie, or sometimes he would take you out somewhere on a date. Being with him was perfect, except for the fact his family didn’t fancy you too much. You loved hanging out with his family, and it wasn’t that they didn’t like you. You had a good relationship with most of them, it was just that sometimes they would get upset, or worried that you were stealing him away.

‘I don’t know it’s family night.’ He responded. You pondered on your reply for a minute.

ohhh…’ you simply replied.

‘They’re already pretty mad that I missed band rehearsal on Tuesday because of you.’  Last Tuesday he took you on a romantic date to a little carnival across the bay. You would’ve been back in time but you and Riker missed the ferry and had to wait. He totally missed rehearsal and you didn’t even get back until midnight. But you enjoyed every minute of it.

‘Hey that wasn’t my fault!

‘I know I’m just kidding. ;) Why don’t you come over here instead?’ You didn’t know if that was a good idea, you invading his family night and all. But you did want to see him.

ok see you in a bit.’

**

You pulled up to the Lynches house in your car. You got out and walked up to the door. A few seconds after you knocked the door opened. Rydel’s face seemed to almost drop when she saw you.

“RIKER! YOUR GIRLFRIENDS HERE!” Rydel yelled. You heard Riker come rushing down steps and hurry to the door. Rydel rolled her eyes and walked away.

“Nice to see you too, Rydel.” You said under your breath. Riker chuckled a little.

“Hey babe.” He greeted you, and pecked you on the lips. He grabbed your hand and intertwined his fingers. Walking into the dining room, you saw Ross dealing cards out to everyone. He looked up.

“Oh, hi Amelia.” Once Ross spoke you saw everyone else’s head turn.

“Hi.” You shyly spoke. Stormie had a look of somewhat disappointment. Riker led you to a seat at the table.  Stormie shook her face.

“Riker what did we say about girlfriends at family night?” Stormie lightly scolded. She didn’t seem angry or upset. She still had the same cheery motherly voice she always had.

“Yea you don’t see me bringing my girlfriend.” Ellington spoke. He then looked over at Rydel. “Oh wait.” Rydel rolled her eyes a little. Everyone laughed. Riker shrugged.

“Oops.” He muttered nonchalantly. You giggled a little, and looked back to Stormie. Riker leaned over and kissed you on the cheek.

“Hey now, she’s here on family night so none of that okay!” Stormie joked. You blushed, and looked over to Riker who looked at you and sighed.

“it’ll be hard, but ok.”