Best Friends with Rydel - Boys Flirting with You for Rachel

You looked around the small café. There were small round tables with many sorts of people seated at them. There was one open on the far left of the café in the corner of the room. You placed your laptop, and muffin on the table and sat on the tall black stool. You were just opening the lid of your laptop when a familiar face you hadn’t seen in a while walked up to your table.

“Hey!” she exclaimed.

“Hey!” you cheerily responded. The girls name was Rydel. You used to dance at the same studio she did: The Rage, but since neither of you still danced there anymore you hadn’t seen her in over a year. She had sure changed in a year. The floppy bangs that previously covered her forehead had been grown out, and her hair was slightly curled. There was also a brunette guy that you sort of recognized standing next to her. You stood up from the chair, and leaned in to give her a hug.

“So how have you been, I haven’t seen you in forever!” she bubbled with excitement, and joy.

“Good, I’m not dancing at the Rage to much anymore but I am involved a few other show companies. How about you? I’ve heard R5 is going pretty well.” You spoke. She smiled.

“Yea it’s going great we’re really taking off! By the way this is Ellington, I don’t know if you remember meeting him at all.” You shook your head.

“Yea, once or twice I think.” You admitted. “So how are your brothers? I haven’t really kept in touch with any of them.”

“They’re fine. I was elected to come up and grab food.” She laughed.

“Yea same old boys.” You agreed.

“Hey you should come over for lunch we can catch up.” she suggested.

“Yea! That’d be great.” You were especially excited to see all the Lynches after so long, especially Ross. You and Ross had always had a special relationship. You were both pretty into each other, and you knew it. You flirted all the time, but you never actually dated. Then his band picked up, you both were busy, and you just grew apart.

“Okay. We’ll I’ll see you in a little bit.” Rydel acknowledged. You shook your head.

“Okay!”

**

You stepped out of your car. You made it to the Lynches house a few minutes after Rydel and Ellington must have. You walked up and knocked on the door. Rydel opened the door quickly.

“Hey doll!” she cheered. “Come on in.” You followed her through her house and out onto a patio where the rest of the boys were sitting.

“Hey guys, do you remember Rachel?” suddenly all the boys turned their heads your direction. The look on all their faces were a little shocked especially Ross’s.

“Wow, Rachel!” Riker exclaimed looking you up and down, making you blush a little.

“Hi guys.” You greeted. Rydel sat down on the table and set down the bag of takeout food.  You sat down across from her in the middle of Riker and Ross.

“It’s been over a year since we’ve seen you, I’ve missed you!” Ross spoke.

“Yea, I was at the café downtown and just happened to run into Rydel. I figured I’d come over to see you all again.”

“Well I’m really glad you did.” Riker was actually the one who voiced that. You turned your head to look at him, and he winked at you. Riker was actually kind of flirting with you. Not that you minded at all, Riker was far from bad looking. He was actually very attractive. It just felt weird because Ross was the only one you were ever really close to in that way. You turned back to Ross.

“So I see you guys have a new single out. I listened to it, it’s really good.” Ross smiled.

“Thanks! This one is probably one of my favorites-” Riker then cut Ross off.

“Maybe later we can play it for you.” You nodded your head.

“Yea that’d be great!” Ross seemed to kind of roll his eyes and scowl at Riker. Was he jealous? You knew all the boys very well. For one Riker was a huge flirt, if he was trying to attract your attention you knew it. Ross was different though. He took a more subtle approach. You look up at Rydel and shake your head. She giggled a little noticing what both the boys were doing. It was almost overwhelming, you reunite with the boys for ten minutes and they’re already flirting with you.

Over lunch it started to increase more, and more. Riker would put his arm around you, then Ross would try to say something sweet, and romantic. When you were finally finished eating Rydel spoke up.

“Mind if I steal her from you boys.” She winked at you, and you urgently stood up from your chair.

“I’ll help with dishes!” you exclaimed. Rydel collected all the dishes, and you followed her into the kitchen.

“Thank you for saving me.” You confessed. Rydel laughed.

“Riker is a bit of a flirt, and I guess Ross still has left over feelings for you.” You bit your lip, and looked out the kitchen window to the patio where the boys were sitting.

“You think so?” she shrugged.

“Probably.” You picked a dish and started to put it in the sink,

“You really don’t have to help if you don’t want to.” She obliged.

“No, I want to.” You offered. You continued to place the plate into the sink and turn on the hot water, rinsing it off. “I remember I used to always help you do chores.”

“Or you would be able to get the boys to do them for us.” She joked. You both laughed at the fond memory.

“I miss hanging out with you. From now on we’re going to stay in touch more.” You suggested. She nodded her head.

“Yes, we are! We’re going to have another girl’s night soon and we won’t have to worry about the boys overly flirting with you” you shrugged and gave a sly smile.

“Oh, I don’t mind it.” You both giggled again. When you, and Rydel were together you both were always giggling about stuff. She was probably the most fun person to be around.

“So how are things going with you and Ellington?” You nudged her in the side with your elbow and she started to blush.

“Fine.” She admitted.

“You’re actually dating now right? I remember you used to have the biggest crush on him.” You were cut off by the sudden movement of the sliding glass door opening, and Riker walking in from the outside. He leaned up against the wall trying to look cool, and sophisticated.

“Need any help.” you turned to face Rydel and rolled your eyes, then you turned back to Riker.

“You want to help with the dishes? I thought you hated them?” he smirked.

“I’d do them for you.” You didn’t know how to feel about Riker’s flirting.  

“Dude, cool it. You don’t need to flirt with every single one of my friends.” Rydel remarked. You chuckled a little, but Riker looked a little displeased. Ross shortly followed his trail inside the house. He walked straight up to you and put his arm around your shoulder.

“You remember that time we went on that picnic in the park we should do that again sometime.” You nodded your head.

“Yea that was fun!” you spoke. Ross looked over at Riker and winked as to accomplish the small victory he made. Rydel then spoke up again.

“Hey we’re having a bonfire on Saturday you should come and hangout.”

“Yea! I’d love that.” She smiled.

“And I’m sure the boys would love that too!”