Riker Au- City Boy

Who did he think he was? I realize he came from the city, but now he was here, and here was not the city. This was actually the complete opposite of the city. The city had four million people compared to our four thousand. We had park, lakes, and a farm every mile while they had skyscrapers, highways, and department stores. The city gave you a total different perspective on life than the country did, you could see it in his personality. His name was Riker, Riker Lynch. He was a senior that had transferred from Los Angeles to our little town in Wisconsin. Why he would want to come here I have no idea. Most people try their hardest to get the heck out of this place. I for one didn't think it was that bad, nobody really did. They just wanted more than a few cafes, and a rundown movie theatre for entertainment. I felt Riker's leather jacket slam into my left arm, and push me into the locker. I stumbled a little after he knocked into me.

"Excuse me." I called after him after he walked past. He turned back to me, and scoffed then kept walking. I had really had enough of this guy. I ran after him, and grabbed his arm. He stopped walking, and shook my hand off his arm.

"What do you want?" He spat. I stood in front of him, and crossed my arms.

"Riker is it? Yea I get you're from the city, and everything. I don't know if this is how you treated people there, but here we treat them with respect."

"How do you know my name?" He asked, baffled at the thought of me knowing who he was.

"There's not much that happens in this small town, if there's something new we know about it, and you're definitely new." I said. Riker looked down at his appearance, and chuckled.

"How could you tell?" He said sarcastically. He definitely didn't dress like anyone here did. He wore a black studded leather jacket, skinny jeans with rips in them, and combat boots. He had rugged blonde hair, and bangs that he would flip to the side every so often. Riker leaned up against another one of the locker banks, and rested his elbow above the locker. Riker smirked. Contrary to his rude, and angry attitude he displayed a few minutes ago, he had a cheeky grin. I could see his eyes trail down, and evaluate my body.

"You know you're looking really hot baby." He uttered with his smug grin. I snapped my fingers.

"Excuse me my eyes are up here." I reached forward, and tipped his chin up. "We also treat people with respect here. The correct way of saying that would've been "I think you're pretty". Do you want to try that again?"

"Geez chill out. Most girls would've swooned at that comment."

"Yea well I'm not like most girls." The first bell to signal us to get to class rang, and students all over started to gather their stuff, and scramble into hallways. "What class do you have first block?" I asked.

"Why do you care?" He scoffed, he definitely had an interesting attitude.

"First I was actually just trying to be nice, but second I'm on student council. I was assigned you to help introduce you to our school the first few days."

"Oh great, a babysitter." He groaned. He reached into the tight pockets of his ripped skinny jeans, and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper. He unfolded it, and peered onto the page. "Some stupid class...Drawing" He mumbled.

"Oh well it's just your luck, so do I."  

**

One Month Later

The bell rang, and I saw Riker leaning up against the wall by the water fountain flirting with yet another girl. I just rolled my eyes, and made my way over to the water fountain. I bent down to take a drink, and stood back up.