Ross Imagine- Smile

“I just feel like we don’t see each other anymore.” You complained.

“What are you talking about you’re here now!” Ross defended.

“Yea, but this is the first thing we’ve actually done alone in weeks.” You loved Ross, he was your best friend in the world. Ross was also attracted the attention from a large amount of girls. Ever since he started dating one particular girl a while ago, you two had not been able to spend as much time together.

“It just seems like when you, and Kate started dating, I was thrown to the curb.”

“That is not true at all.”

“Really name one thing we did in the last two weeks.” You spoke. Ross bit his lip in thought.

“Well we…” He stumbled, he couldn’t think of anything.

“EXACTLY! We used to do everything together, and now playing video games and eating pizza is a big deal. It’s not just her it’s the band, Austin and Ally, and now you have your second movie coming out.” Ross looked disappointed, you were sure he had noticed your drawing apart he just didn’t want to admit it. He looked over at the clock on the wall, and gasped.

“Is that what time it is?” he exclaimed. You rolled your eyes.

“And every time we do try to do something, you have to run off to band rehearsal.” You threw down your controller, and crossed your arms.

“Well how do you know I was going to band rehearsal?” Ross asked, as if he would be going anywhere else.

“Are you?” Ross shook his head.

“Well…yea.” He muttered embarrassed. You laughed.

“Whatever it’s fine, I’ll see you again in a few weeks.” You joked.

“Oh come on, it’s not my fault I’m busy.”

“Ross I’m not blaming you, it’s just that we have no idea what’s going on in each other’s lives, and I miss that.”

“Look we’ll do something again soon, I promise. I really have to go.” Ross picked up his sweatshirt, and started heading for the door.

“Bye.” You called as Ross ran out the door.

Over the next weeks it started to get even worse. You would text Ross, and get no reply. You would make plans only for him to cancel them. It started to get ridiculous. About three weeks later, you decided to just go to his house. You walked up to the Lynches door, and knocked. A moment later the door opened, and Ross stood in the doorway.

“Oh hey” he said.

“Hey.” You replied. “Are you busy, do you want to-” You started, but Ross instantly cut you off.

“I’m sorry now’s just not really a good time.” You rolled your eyes.

“It’s never a good time for you.”

“What do you want me to say?” He defended. He seemed uneasily snappy already.

“Nothing, whatever, it’s fine!” you turned around, and were about to walk off the deck, but Ross started in again.

“Is this about Kate are you jealous or something?” you crossed your arms.

“No this has nothing to do with the fact that you have Kate, and all those other things in your life it’s just that you chose them over me!” You hated fighting with Ross, you used to never do it. Now it seemed like fighting came along with your friendship, or what was left of it.

“I’m sorry that I’m busy, and that I have a life. At least I have other people in mine!” He snapped.

“I HAVE OTHER PEOPLE IN MY LIFE TOO ROSS, YOU JUST HAPPEN TO BE ONE I CARE ABOUT. You probably don’t care, but I also have a mom who is sick, a little sibling to take care of, and schooling to attend to, but I still try to make time for you.” A tear started to fall down your face. There was a lot going on, and it seemed like he didn’t care. You shook your head. “You know what, I’m done Ross. You can go life your amazing life without me if that’s what you want.” You chucked a yellow package you had wrapped up at his torso, and he barely caught it in his hands. “By the way I got you a present.” You turned around and stepped off of the deck onto the paved walkway. “Happy Birthday!” you sarcastically snarled.

**

The few coming weeks were the worst, you had finally lost Ross as your best friend. You didn’t know what to do with yourself he had always been there for you. He had tried to call a few times over the weeks, but you didn’t answer at all. He was so frustrating. It was ten o’clock at night and you were sitting in your living room watching Netflix as you moped. Someone urgently knocked at your door as lightning struck, making you jump. You got up, and opened the door. It was Ross.

“What do you want?” you asked a dripping wet Ross, with a guitar around his neck.

“Can I come in?” he asked. You rolled your eyes, and signaled for him to step inside your house.

“Only because it’s raining.” You grumbled. “What do you want?” He gestured to the acoustic guitar he was holding.

“I wanted to show you something. I know I’ve been a jerk lately so I wrote you this song.” He immediately started playing the guitar and singing.

 Today I feel like running naked through your street To get your attention (To get your attention)
Whoa-oh-oh (Whoa-oh-oh)
I broke up with my girl so tell me where to meet
Oh, did I mention? (Oh, did I mention?)
Whoa-oh-oh (Whoa-oh-oh)
I dream on, dream about you what can I do to make you feel all right?
Baby I don’t want to see you cry, no-oh
I want to see you smile I want to see you smile
Today I feel like blowing all my cash on you I’d buy you anything (I’d buy you anything)
Until I’m broke (Until I'm broke broke)
Today I want to turn your skies from gray to blue
And if it rains on you I’ll be your coat
Whoa-oh-oh
I dream on, dream about you
What can I do to make you feel all right?
Baby, I don’t want to see you cry, no-oh
I want to see you smile,I want to see you smile
Let me take your picture, baby I’ll save it for a rainy day
I don’t need much, I guess I’m just old fashioned in that way
So on the count of three, let's see you
1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3! Smile
(I wanna make you smile yeah oh oh)
I wanna see you smile (oh yeah) I wanna see you smile
It’s the things you do
I wanna make you smile

When he was done he set down his guitar. “I meant every word of that. The truth is Kate didn’t want me hanging out with you so I broke up with her. Plus everything else that has happened has kind of been my fault, I’m really sorry. I just want us to go back to the way we were.” You wrapped your arms around Ross in a hug as soon as he was done speaking.

“Thank you, I would love nothing more than to be close with you again. I missed you.” You spoke. Ross smiled.

“I missed you too.”