Rocky Imagine (AU) - College

"Well I think that...Rebeca are you listening?" I kept my gaze focused on him. His muscle tone arms that escaped out of the black t-shirt, the bit of scuff that rested beneath his chin, the brunette hair barely touching his shoulder covered up by a gray beanie. "Hey, are you listening?"
"Oh sorry, what?" I snapped out of my trance by the sound of Rydel's voice.
"I was trying to get your thoughts on this anatomy paper."
"Oh yea, sounds great." I mindlessly replied and shifted my gaze back over across the room where Rocky was sitting, staring down at his phone.
"I haven't even said anything yet, what's up with you lately, you've been really distracted." She wasn't wrong, lately all my thoughts were occupied by Rocky. I tried to clear my mind, taking my eyes off of him, hoping she wouldn't notice that I'd been staring at her brother.
"Yea, sorry I was uh...thinking." She rolled her eyes. A trait that always appeared when she seemed to be upset with me.
"You're always 'thinking'." Rydel mumbled in a tone sounding rather annoyed, emphasizing the word thinking. I sat down in one of the small desks, which in my opinion is way too small for people of my age. "Uhh, look at him." She grumbled sending Rocky a glare, the exact opposite of the way I looked at him. I l slightly chuckled.
"Who your brother?" The crossing of her arms, rueful glare, and nodding head all implied she meant yes. "What's wrong with him?" she shook her head again, and slammed the large red anatomy textbook on her desk.
"What's not wrong with him?" She uttered. She fumbled a little, finally taking the seat next to mine. "Berkeley has always been my dream college, when I came here I was finally getting away from four brothers, having my own freedom, living my own life, then this. Five and a half hours away from L.A. and I still can't get away from him. He could have picked any other college to go to, but no he had to pick Berkeley."
"Oh, he can't be that bad, you love your brother." I suggested, trying to convince her that her brother going to the same school as us wasn't the worst thing in the world, I by far didn't think it was. She ran her fingers through her blonde hair, flipping around a few of the curls.
"Yes I love him...sometimes but, he's my brother. I worked hard to get into this school. I care so much about my grades, we both worked our butts off just to get through freshman year. Rocky hasn't worked a day in his life, he sailed his way through high school, and he still gets in? It's just frustrating you know."
I nodded my head in agreement. I knew Rydel always loved her brother, but she had somewhat of a resentment towards him that he had gotten into the college of her dream through a hockey scholarship. Rydel and I were a year older than Rocky. We were sophomores, and he was a freshman. Rydel and I became roommates and best friends our first days at Berkeley. When Rocky started this year, we hit it off, there was a spark between us. Neither of us wanted Rydel to know about it for certain specific reasons, not many people really knew about us, none of his friends, and none of mine. My phone vibrated from inside my pocket. I took it out and saw a message from Rocky.
"I know it's hard not to stare, but your gonna give us away ;)" The corners of my mouth formed into a large smile. I subtly looked back over to him to see a smirk on his face.
"Well that's the wrong form of your, its "you're" and gonna isn't a word." I replied.
"Of course, I had to date an English Freak." I tried to contain it, but I let out a small giggle.
"What?" Rydel asked musing on my sudden laughter. I nervously shook my head and gave a simple reply.
"Oh, nothing." Another eye roll was continued by Rydel taking out her large notebook. She must have noticed the professor enter the room.
"Hello class." He begun with his day in, and day out monotone voice that I swear could put a five year old on a sugar high to sleep. "Today we will be studying the-" and began another lesson. All Professor Jenkins ever did was lecture. We took notes, we took mid-terms, and we took finals. That and a few surprise papers every now and then, about summed up the class. Taking notes was extremely vital, without notes we couldn't study for the finals, we had barely made it through mid-terms as it is. But, for some reason lately I hadn't been able to pay attention. I knew the reason: Rocky. He being placed in the same class was probably the worst, and best thing that could've happened. My mind wandered, as much as I tried to pay attention to the left common carotid artery in the cardiovascular system, my brain always left Anatomy and somehow landed on Rocky again. At the end of the hour and a half, I looked down at my notebook and saw all I had wrote was ANATOMY in big bold letters for the heading, but the rest of the page was empty. Rydel turned to me and saw my empty page also, and her eyes widened.
"What the-REBECA? Where are all your notes?" I nervously toyed with my hair.
"Uh...Well I was kind of taking mental notes." I chuckled nervously.
"That is the most implausible thing I have ever heard! You're usually the girl that aces all the tests and doesn't need sleep because she'd rather be spending her time studying! What's going on? There must be something up with you." Rydel looked full blown discomposed. She could not believe the whole class block I hadn't taken any notes, I was afraid she might catch on to the error of my ways.
"It's just that I have a huge chemistry exam in an hour, and I've uh... I've just been worried! I wanted to just look over the notes, and you know how consumed I get with studying." I spit out the lies hoping maybe she would buy some of them.
"Phew! I thought something was wrong! Yea, I get that. I know how you are when you're sucked into a textbook." I nervously giggled again.
"Well, I'll see you tonight" Rydel spoke almost walking away.
"Bye, Delly!" I called back to her. Anatomy was the only class we had together so we walked in opposite directions. My phone vibrated from inside my pocket again. I pulled out to check the message; from Rocky again.
"You're coming over tonight right?" I pursed my lips. I had just had a close call with Rydel, what would I say when I left yet another night? I'm pretty sure I had worn out the Library excuse.
"Maybe, I'll text you later." I responded.
**
"I don't know" I tapped into my phone.
"Come on pleasssssssee" Rocky begged. My eyes searched the room, looking up from my dreadfully boring Anatomy text book. Rydel had her nose in her French Book, she was majoring in Biological science, and minoring in French. While I was Majoring in English. We both were equally advanced in our college work. We weren't the type of girls that went out and partied every day. Most nights we stayed home and studied, when we did go out, we went out together to the movies, or shopping. Our lives were pretty boring, but when you're trying to succeed in college, it takes a lot. She knew how much grades meant to me, which is why, I assume, she was so worried about my change of habits.
"Wow it's kind of stuffy in here." I mumbled, hoping Rydel would give me some response. Nothing came from her except the sounds of rifling pages of a text book.
"Rydel, I think I'm going to get some air." She peeked her head up from the book.
"What?"
"I said I'm going to go to the library to work on my paper for a while. It's a little stuffy in here." I hated lying to her but it became more of a constant, when I had to sneak out of the room to go meet Rocky. She shook her head and laughed a little.
"You and that library." I heard as I walked to the door. "You're studying right?" Rydel asked.
"Yea, what else what I be doing?' wow, that didn't sound suspicious at all.
"What are you going to study, you forgot all your books." I suddenly realized I was empty handed. I didn't think about grabbing books, when I was going to Rocky's dorm.
"Oh Right." I walked back and picked up the book then stepped out the door. I whipped out my phone and texted Rocky.
"On my way."
**
I laid with my hand placed against his chest, on the futon in his dorm room. His arm extended beyond my neck holding my shoulder pulling me closer. My head rested on his upper chest right below the shoulder. There is an earbud hooked into each of our opposite ears.
"Oh, you need to hear my new favorite song!" I urgently pulled the plug from the headphone jack out of his phone and plugged it into mine. "Ok." He laughed at the side of my excitement. Opening iTunes and playing the song I immediately began singing.
"Here's to teenage memories!" I lightly hummed and Rocky's head nodded up and down to the beat of the song. The chorus said finally arrived and I began obnoxiously singing.
"SO KISS ME KISS ME KISS ME!" I loudly screeched out of tune sending rocky into fits of laughter.
"You know you have an amazing voice, babe" He voiced sarcastically with a coy smile. I took the headphones from my ear wrapped them around my phone and set it on the floor. I rolled over lying on top of him I set my forehead onto his our noses barely touching. My hands connected with his and he interlock their fingers we were so close I could feel the warm air of his breath on my neck the fragrant smell of his cologne flooded my senses he stretched up to peck my lips. With our mouths only a few inches away again I brought up something we had been debating.
"When are we going to tell Rydel?" I could see his mood drop a little by the tone of his eyes. "I don't know sneaking around with you it's kind of hot." He reached up to kiss me again but I pulled away as soon as his lips touched mine.
"I mean sneaking around is fun and everything, but Rydel is my best friend I just don't want-" Rocky cut me off.
"We'll know when the time is right."
I nodded my head in agreement.
"Okay."
I finally put my lips on his instead this time we didn't break away. I moved my hands, and entangled in them in Rocky's hair. With both of his hands he held onto me resting his hands slightly above my waist. I sat up for a second peeling the pink striped sweater off of my body, leaving me in a thick strap black tank top. I returned to Rocky and deepened the kiss, inserting my tongue in his mouth. My hands ran up his back and I dug my fingernails into his skin. He moved his lips to my neck, starting at the shoulder and tracing all the way up my neck. His lips moved back down and stopped at the center of my neck; my sweet spot. He bit at the soft skin of my neck, making me send out a small audible moan. I could feel his mouth form into a smirk against my neck. He reconnected his lips to mine, leaving a large hickey rest in the center of my neck.
**
I slowly closed the door of our dorm, Rydel's head snapped over to my direction. "Wow, you're here!" She said sarcastically. I mindlessly walked over to our desk that sat in front of the room where she was sitting, forgetting about my neck.
"Why wouldn't I be?" I enquired. She threw down her pencil, and looked up at me.
"Look, it's just that-" she stopped. Suddenly her eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped. Realization hit me and I sprung my hand up to cover my neck.
"REBECA! WHAT'S ON YOUR NECK?" she exclaimed.
"Nothing." I shook my head nervously
"Yes there is! Do you have a hickey?" Her eyes displayed a mix of surprise and wonder. Her expression quickly evolved to confusion. "Oh my gosh! Do you have a new boyfriend?" She was almost gushing. Her mouth displayed a cheeky grin. My mouth dropped open and shut again trying to form some sort of explanation.
"S-sort of." I stuttered. Her eyes lit up with glee.
"Who is it, why haven't you told me?" I bit down on my lip, a nervous habit.
"You don't know him." An excuse that probably wouldn't last for long.
"Well what's his-" there was a knock on our door.
"Thank god." I mumbled under my breath. Whoever was at the door had impeccable timing. I got up from my seat and walked over to the door. My stomach dropped when I saw who it was. "I take that back." I again mumbled to myself. I gritted my teeth.
"What are you doing here?"
"I thought you might need this, you forgot your book in my-" I quickly made a gesture to remind him Rydel was in the room. His eyes widened. "In my c-classroom, yea you forgot this... in class... this morning." He stuttered. Rydel got up off of her chair and stepped towards the door.
"Wait...you had your anatomy book when you left to go to the 'library' earlier." The way she strung out the word Library made me believe she thought something was up. She looked curiously from my book, to Rocky, then to me.
"Oh...oh my gosh...oh" She jumped back, putting her hand over her mouth. "You- you and him- you both!" she rambled. I could tell she was becoming flustered.
"Look Delly, I can explain." You tried to calm her down.
"Explain what? How you're dating my little brother?" I could sense tension in her voice, she seemed to be growing frustrated. This was not how we'd planned on telling her. She began a small pace, just around the area she stood. I couldn't imagine what she would be thinking of me right now.
"Rydel" I tried to talk but she interjected.
"So let me get this straight, all that distractedness, all those library study times, all those late nights...wait, the other night you didn't come home until four in the morning, you were with him weren't you?" I pursed my lips.
"Yea." I confessed.
"What on earth were you...Wait, OH MY GOSH, the hickey, staying out all night, HAVE YOU BEEN SLEEPING TOGETHER? You shook your head.
"No." A smirk appeared on Rocky's face.
"Not yet anyway." I slapped him lightly on the stomach, and glared at him.
"Not the time." He raised his hands up in defense. I spoke up again, trying to clear the air. "Look, I was just spending some time with him, when we both kind of fell asleep. That's all that happened. Rydel rolled her eyes, and crossed her arms.
"I can't believe you Beca! You could've dated anybody else but you had to pick my little brother." Not exactly the reaction I was hoping for.
"THAT'S IT!" Rocky finally stepped in, I was surprised. He was usually very passive in arguments. "Look, I get it, I get it that you're ticked at me because I got a scholarship into the same college, I get it that after all these years the "little brother" is still here, but what you need to understand is that I'm not just your little brother anymore. I have a life too, I hoped you would've understood." I spoke after him.
"Rydel you know I love you, but you have to realize, I love him too." I wrapped my arm around his waist. Her expression softened.
"Okay."
"What?" I said shocked.
"Okay, look maybe I overreacted, I'm sorry." I was taken back a little, I expected her to be upset or even mad at me for a while.
"What really?" I asked completely shocked. She nodded her head.
"Yea, look I'm sorry you know I love both of you." She shot a playful glare at Rocky. "Most of the time."
"So you're not upset that we're dating?" Rydel half smiled.
"No, I mean you actually look pretty cute together." I blushed a little. "But Rocky, if you hurt her I'll have to beat you up." she said winking at him. He shrugged.
"Wouldn't be the first time." I giggled a little. Rocky kissed me on the cheek making Rydel cringed.
"But not too much of that in front of me!" Rocky and I both chuckled a little.
"Ok, Delly."