Riker Imagine- Thoughtless

"So did you have fun?" Riker asked as you made your way through the trail. There was this secret trail hidden in the woods, that connected both of your houses that you two would walk all the time. Your fingers tightly surrounded his in an intertwined fist. It was the little things like the way he held your hand, or how his smile made the world a little brighter that you loved the most about him. He was in a sense; the best guy you could've ever imagined yourself being with.

Just an exhibit of what an amazing guy he was, today was your birthday and he planned the most special celebration ever. He took you canoeing just the two of you, and you spent the whole day on this peaceful river. Nothing could've been more romantic than the day you had.

"Of course I did." You replied. "I have never been canoeing, but I have to say that was the most fun I have ever had." Riker smiled in victory, you knew it meant a lot to him that you enjoyed it. He wanted your birthday to be perfect, and because of him it was.

"Good, we'll go again some time." Riker suggested.

"Yea, I'd like that." You smiled widely, he just had that affect on you. No matter what he could always make you smile, even if you were mad at him; you never stayed mad for long. You kept walking along the trail silently for a few moments.

You took in the serenity of the peaceful moonlit forest. The only sounds were light chirps of crickets, and an owl hooting near by. The moon lit just enough light for your walking path. Suddenly you noticed you were walking a little off of the normal trail.

"Uh...Babe where are we going?" You asked him. There was a fork in the trail where you always went right, you didn't even remember where left led you. Riker pulled your hand towards the left route this time.

"Lets just try this path this time." He suggested, already pulling into the unusual path. You giggled a little.

"Okay, but if we get lost, its all on you." You asserted. Riker smirked like he knew something you didn't. Almost as if he was hiding something.

"Don't worry, I know exactly where we're going." He assured you. He seemed quite confident of the unusual path you were taking.

"You know what my favorite part of today was?" You spoke.

"What's that?"

"When we tipped over the canoe." You, and Riker both let out the same amount of laughter, and giggles with the fond memory of the day.

"Well it was your idea to make out on the canoe." Riker added, still adding laughter to the conversation

"Hey, I didn't see you complaining!" you defended. Riker laughed again.

"Well I definitely wasn't. Making out on the canoe, tipping the canoe, swimming back to shore. It was all part of the adventure." You nodded in agreement to what he had just said.

"I love having adventures with you." You smiled. Riker came to a stop.

"Look where we are." He said with an ever lighting smile. You looked around at your surroundings once more. You were standing on a small bridge with a creek running beneath you. The memory of where you stood rushed back to you. How could you have forgotten this place.

"This is where we met." You mumbled softly. Riker nodded.

"Yea. You were going for a run, and I was just walking through the woods when we both stumbled upon this bridge."

"That was the best moment of my life." You muttered completely smiling.

"How about a new moment?" Riker untangled your fingers, and reached into his pocket. Then slowly he knelt down on one knee on the bridge, and looked up at you. "You know I love you more than the world; will you marry me?"

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" You didn't mean to say it so bluntly but it just came out. Riker was actually proposing. MARRIAGE. You had never even thought about marriage.

"Well, that definitely wasn't the response I was expecting."

"Riker, honey I love you. I really do, it's just..."

"Just what?" Riker rose, and stood on his feet.

"Well we're so young; I'm so young, I'm younger than you. We've only been dating for a few months. I've never thought about marriage I mean it's a big step, and there's a lot to think about, you have to-" You were cut off by Riker instantly thrusting his lips onto yours. He grabbed your waist, and full heartedly kissed you. The way he kissed you was unlike any other, but this one alone was different. Never had he made your heart beat this fast. Riker slowly pulled away. You felt his warm breath in you as your bodies were still so close.

"Wow." Was all you could mumble.

"What are you thinking about now?" Riker encouraged. You smiled.

"How freaking much I love you."

"You see, who cares about the what ifs, and maybes, when we're in love." You truly did love Riker, but marriage? Yikes. That was a big deal. You couldn't afford not to think; this needed all the thought in the world. Something about him, though, made you not want to think. Something about him, and the way he kissed you made you want to throw away all thought, and dive right into his proposal. You were completely mad with love for him, why not spend the rest of your life with him. He was so tempting, but as much as you loved him you were still so young, you still had so many things swirling around in your head. How could you get married? It was plausible.

"I'm sorry Riker. Its just that we're young, and there's my career, and your career, and..." Once again Riker lips were connected to yours cutting off your speech, and all thoughts. Dang he knew how to kiss you. He hands held your face softly, and your bodies couldn't separate. When his lips drew away from yours, and his deep brown eyes searched yours all thought was gone. Your felt his eyes pours into yours, and you needed to taste his lips again. Urgently your mouth found its way back to his again. Riker's hands traveled to your waist, and you had your arms around his neck. There was no way you were letting him go. You let your lips leave his once more.

Staring back into his eyes there were no thoughts, not a single one except for him, and how amazing his eyes were, and how you could just stare into them forever. He had this effect on you. Thoughts didn't matter when you were with him. Life just worked itself out.

You reached into his pocket where he stuffed the ring before kissing you. You handed it to him, and stuck out your hand. A large grin evaded Riker's face while he slipped the shiny rock onto your left ring finger. You couldn't help but smile as well.

Not able to stop smiling your heart overflowed with joy, and love for him. You looked up and muttered. "What the heck, lets be thoughtless together."