Rocky Imagine Safe (Part 1)

She had to get away. She had to run. She had to get away from here, and him. He's crazy. If she stayed here any longer, she was sure he would try to hurt her, or worse. She ran into the airport.

"I need a plane ticket." She urged the lady working at the desk.

"Where to?" The women asked. Her hands were trembling.  She had to take a deep breath, and remind herself to calm down. She didn't want any suspicion to be raised.

"Uh...um. I don't know." She could barely get words out. Her heart raced faster as she looked at the screen of all the flights leaving soon. She needed to go. LAX was at the top of the list. Los Angeles was a pretty big place. With so many people it would be hard to find someone there. "One way to Los Angeles please."

**

"Excuse me?" She felt someone tap against her.

"AHHH!" She gave off a high pitched scream, and jumped up off the park bench.

"It's okay, it's alright. I'm sorry I didn't mean to spook you." A rather tall guy tried to calm her. She rested her hand over her heart, while she was breathing heavily.

"I'm...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scream like that." She apologized.

"It okay. Were you sleeping there all night?" She rubbed her eyes, and looked back to the stranger. He was tall, built, and had brown hair that sat on his shoulder. He was actually quite attractive. She cleared her throat.

"Um...I guess, kind of, yea." The guy had the most uncertain, and worried look on his face like he actually cared. Like he actually cared about some strange girl he had just met on a park bench. "I'm fine though. It's just that well...I just moved here, and I'm not really settled yet, and my uh...housing arrangements fell through." She stuttered. She always stuttered when she lied. She didn't have any pre-made arrangements for coming here. She didn't even know she was coming here until she arrived at the airport. She just needed to get somewhere far away, and fast.

"Well do you need anything?" He asked. It was peculiar, how much he actually showed interest in helping her even though they had just met.

"Why would you help me, I'm a total stranger?"

"Well you don't have to be. I'm Rocky, what's your name?" He held out his hand in a sincere gesture.

"I'm not very good with names, I'll probably forget yours, and we'll probably never even see each other again. I should get going, sorry for screaming again." She turned away coldly, and embarked down the paved sidewalk path. This was a new start for her. She was going to remake herself. She wasn't going to make the same mistakes she had made before, and she made one certain promise to herself. She wasn't going to get close to anybody.

**

"I'll have another." A blonde guy who seemed to be in his early twenties spoke. She poured him his drink from a large bottle of liquor. She was lucky to get this bartending job within the 48 hours she had been in LA. When she left she cashed out all of her bank accounts, took the money, and ran. She had a nice amount, but it wasn't enough to live on, especially in LA. The owner of the club she was bartending at made a deal with her that for working there she could stay in the spare rooms on the top floor of the place until she got back onto her feet, and she got to keep all the tips. She didn't tell the owner much about her, but she did say she needed a job desperately for she had no place to live. It was a miracle that she understood.

"Hey I think we go on soon." A voice said to the guy getting his drink. To her dismay she looked up to see the voice was the same brown haired, tall, and attractive guy named Rocky she saw at the park, the one who had caught her sleeping on the park bench. She took the bottle, and set it back down on the rack.

"It's you!" Rocky spoke. His eyes widened. She could see the look of dismay on his face. Her cheeks flushed bright red. She picked up a cup, and started nervously scrubbing it.

"Um...hi." She responded. Five million people in LA, and she couldn't avoid this one.

"Riker, tell everyone I'll be backstage soon. I just want to do something first." He said to the blonde as the blonde departed. Rocky sat on the barstool. "I'll just have a club soda." He spoke. She rolled her eyes, took out a glass and poured him the drink. She then picked up the glass she was scrubbing again. "Well you got settled pretty quickly huh?" He continued.

"Yea, owner gave me a job right away." She muttered shyly. She felt awkward about talking to him, but she had to be nice to him he was a customer.

"Well good, I'm proud of you." Rocky leaned over the bar. She set down the glass on the counter sternly making a large clink sound.

"WHY?" She asserted sternly. "I'm just some strange homeless girl you met in a park. You don't even know my name. Why do you even care?"

"I may not know you, but I know there's something special about you. I have a great intuition."  He leaned over the bar, and smiled.

"The last thing I need is someone like you hitting on me. Now if you will excuse me I have work to do." Rocky stood up off the barstool, and took a bill out of his wallet. He laid it on the table, and gave her a half smile then walked away towards to stage area. The owner came back to the bar area, and looked down at the bill sitting on the bar.

"Whoa a hundred dollar tip, that guy must really like you." She teased.

"Yea. That's what I'm afraid of."