What's in a name?

George's POV
It had been a week or so of summer, probably less. Yet I still waiting in anticipation for a letter. This morning was a bright one until a big fucking bird clouded my vision. "Jesus fucking Christ Errol" I stared at the owl that had just slammed into our kitchen window. I stood on disbelief at the stupidity of our owl until I noticed a letter addressed to me along with a strange package. I sprinted to my garden to grab them both. The bird would be fine. Probably.

I skipped into the living room and perched on the dusty sofa and started reading:

To My Favourite Twin,

I meant George by the way, put the letter down Fred. I hope your summer is going well. I did promise I'd write to you. I'm good at keeping my promises. How is Fred and the rest of your family? I hope they are well. Most of all, I hope you haven't killed Fred or Ron. I suppose you could say I miss you but I'm missing Hogwarts in general so don't let it boost your ego too much Weasley. Anyway, I know you're probably wondering what the strange parcel I sent with your letter is, if you haven't ripped it open yet. I know it is your birthday soon, it isn't a present as much so don't be too excited. I especially marked my favourite pages with a sticky note. You don't have to read but you did ask. Enjoy, George My Darling x

From Clara. L.

Wow. I didn't think I'd actually miss her like this but the letter really reinforced it. I grabbed a piece of parchment and quickly scribbed down a message before Fred came down and started teasing me calling me Shakespeare or whatever his name was.

Dear Lestrange,

Thank you for your letter, I'm very charmed but I have to say I recall asking you to read this type of book to me. I miss you love. It will be no time before school starts again. Ill see you soon sweetheart x

From G. Weasley.

As if on que, Fred came bumbling down the stairs just as I had sent the letter off and safely hidden the book, all that was left was her letter hanging in the pocket of my knitted sweater. "What's this Georgie?" he laughed as he snatched it from its orginal place. "A letter oooo" he paused, "from the Lestrange girl" he looked puzzelled and almost annoyed. "Clara" I repeated "her name is Clara" He looked me up and down as he noticed a change in my tone. "Well, you call her Lestrange" he spat, "But I don't spit it out like a bad taste when I say her name" I retorted. It was true, when he mentioned her last name he was disgusted. "Because she's a Lestrange George her mum is" I cut him off, "I'm aware." He continued "and her family is" but I stopped him again. "Fred you don't know anything about her family" I huffed. Of course, we all knew who it was but she didn't speak to them, not unless she had too. "What's in a name? She's nothing like her mother or even Draco" I looked at my brother deadly serious. "I'm just saying, you barely know her. I wouldn't get down on one knee yet mate" Fred nugded me just as Ron and my mother walked in. "Whose getting down on one knee?" Ron laughed. "You when you find the balls to ask Hermione" I responded causing Fred to burst into laughter and Ron's face to go bright red. "Oh boys, stop it will you!" Mum said with a smile at my joke.

The truth that I couldn't tell Fred was that I did know Clara. I'd spent years at school fancying her without having it in me too tell her. I had a squeaky voice and a poor excuse for a bowl cut of ginger hair. Yet, I would catch her staring, but it seemed to me she was staring at Fred. I was used to this by now, most girls would take interest in Fred. That was until half way through 1st year when I heard her ask another girl 'What is George's brothers name?' and then in 4th year when I heard her correct a group of girls who called me Fred and Fred George, she said 'I just know that he's George' It took me awhile to realise that the whole time she'd been sneaking glances at me not Fred.

God I couldn't wait for summer to be over.