The ball

Georges POV

God I wasn't ready to see her in that dress having to dance with Dean tonight. She'd promise she'd come see me first so I could be the first to see my girl. She wasn't my girlfriend yet, she wouldn't be until I returned from Egypt, but next year we were going to give us a real go and I couldn't wait. We both turned 18 soon anyway, what a better way to start our 'adult' lives. I stood outside the common room waiting for her. God I was nervous and she wasn't even my date. I began fiddling with my hands as she approached me, "Holy shit" I gulped hard. She stood before me in a long ruby dress, it had a revealing yet classy slit down the leg, she looked perfect. "You don't look so bad yourself Weasley" She blushed, I was wearing a regualr suit, I looked nothing on her. "No one in this entire world deserves to be your date tonight" I smiled, "You look breath taking Clara" I smirked. "I wish you were my date Georgie" She held my hand as I pulled her in for a hug, "I will be" I paused, "for the rest of your life" She looked up at me blushing profusely, "lets go" She looked almost sad that we had too leave, "tonight," I paused, I knew I shouldn't push my luck by asking but I really couldn't help myself, "I know we can't go in together, but tonight I want to be the one you leave with" I looked at her hoping she felt the same, "Well, I am yours aren't I Weasley?" she kissed my cheek, "Forever and always Lestrange" I couldn't be happier right now. We walked towards the entrance, Alicia and Dean waiting for us, they looked almost suspicious as they stoof whispering, "George!" Alicia squeaked, "you look amazing!" she continued, I smiled awkwardly gaining me a hard nudge from Clara, "ow" I whinned realising what she meant, "you look lovely Alicia" I gritted through my teeth. "Clara you look beautiful," Dean smiled at her, prick. She just smiled at him, "shall we go in?" she said walking to him, maybe tonight would be harder than we thought.

Claras POV

Although I wanted to know what Dean and Alicia were whispering about I knew we had to go in for the ball. We walked into the the hall and it looked amazing. It was decorated beautifully. All the girls looked gorgeous, especially Hermione. It was soon time to dance as I felt Dean lead me onto the dancefloor. He was respectful with his hands, though I think thats due to Georges eyes glaring at him. The dancing was uneventful, both Dean and Alicia respected our boundaries which was almost weird for them. Soon we met again as a four, "Alicia, what do you say we get our dates a drink?" Dean asked her politely. "Sure thing" she smiled at him. As they walked away I noticed Dean sneakily put his hand on her lower back, slowly moving it further down. "No fucking way" I laughed. "what?" George said confused, clearly he hadn't of noticed, "look at them" I said smiling as we looked in the direction of the drinks bar, both of them were laughing and flirting. "No fucking way" George copied my earlier sentence, now it made sense why they weren't leaving us alone, "they're fucking" I laughed, causing both me and George to cry with laughter. "Prank time?" He grinned, "definitely" I nodded. We walked upto the couple. "I can't believe it!" George grunted at them, "You've broken my heart Alicia, I really thought we had something special" he whined causing the couple to look panicked. "And you Dean Thomas" I exaggerated, "I thought we were going to fuck" I couldn't help it as me and George both burst out laughing earning a confused look from the pair. "We're joking" George sighed, "but you two are fucking behind our backs aren't you" I smiled causing Dean to gulp, "we can explain it's just..." Dean stuttered. "Don't bother mate, were not mad in fact we're the opposite aren't we Clara?" George beamed. "You're not mad?" Alicia breathed, did she want us to be? "Of course not" George smiled, I don't think he realised what was happening, "I really like Clara so it's worked out for us both" he smiled. "What?" Alicia hissed. "I don't think you get what's happened George" I was fuming that sly pair. George shook his head waiting for me to explain. "They were pretending, they wanted us to be mad and jealous" I sighed. What a weird plan. "Seriously?" George burst out laughing. " you got jealous the other day I thought it was because of Dean" Alicia huffed. "So you think any girl that speaks to Dean I go in a jealous rage at?" George continued laughing at her, "I'm not just any girl George" Alicia shot back, "unless your Clara then I'm afraid you are just any girl to me" I looked stunned at what he'd just said, wow he was loyal. "Dean you really thought this would work?" I laughed. "I saw what you said to George the other day, I'd never fuck you" I smiled causing George too laugh. "Maybe you should consider each other, we're not options anymore" George smiled taking my hand and leading me to the dance floor. Oh my God, George had claimed me infront of both of them. Wow he was amazing.

"They are absolutely fucking mental" he laughed as we began dancing. "I told you I'd save you a dance" I smiled to him. "And the rest of the dances you do for the rest of your life remember?" George smirked. "Definitely, I suppose you're a good dancer" I said as he spun me around. "Wanna go then?" He asked, "where?" I asked confused, "trying to kidnapp me?" I laughed. "I thought we could go for a chat about feelings and whatever, before I don't see you for the holidays. I can't have you running off with some summer lover" he smiled. "come on then" I whispered as he pulled be out of the hall.