Angie Brant

I looked down at the plate of food in front of me; eggs, potatoes, toast, some fruit on the side, a typical breakfast that I usually enjoyed, but I wasn't in the mood to eat.

The diner we ate in was quiet with only a few customers and we sat in the largest booth (to accommodate Holden's size) at the end of the restaurant. I appreciated him taking me here instead of a five-star restaurant. This place reminded me of an old diner back home, nothing fancy, just the basics. I remember eating there all the time when I was a kid with my family, fond memories that felt like an eternity ago.

The food was mediocre, but it was the ambiance was what I enjoyed most. I poked my egg with my fork, watching the yoke ooze out. As I watched the yellow liquid I couldn't help to feel like I was this egg, oozing out of control.

I kept my gaze on my plate as Holden continued talking about his life. I nodded like I was paying attention, but I kept replaying what happened this morning. I had no words to what happened. Who is Aria to Holden? Is she insane? Is she jealous? I had so many questions, but I was too afraid to ask.

Was my brother and father right about Holden? The more I was getting to know Holden, the more I wanted to run away but I had no choice but to see this relationship through. I was going to have to tame the beast sitting in front of me, somehow or someway.

"So Diana, question for you." Hot steam left Holden's lips as he took another sip of coffee. Even know he scared me he made my body shiver with lust. As he licked his lips from the drips of coffee I began fantasizing where else his lips could be...

--- COME ON DIANA! Snap out of it.

I shook my head to regain focus.

"Um- yeah, what is it?" I cleared my throat. I was almost done my third cup of coffee, the waitress already saw me from down the aisle and quickly came to give me a refill. "Thanks." I smiled up at her, but she kept her head down like she was scared. She was a young tiny girl with short brown hair, blue eyes and a face full of freckles.

Her hand shook as she poured the coffee in my cup and I tried my best to steer it in the right direction to avoid spilling. It looked like she wanted to get the hell out of our vicinity because she quickly turned away to serve more customers.

"She said THANK-YOU." Holden growled.

He had her arm tightly in his grasp and the girl was frozen, wide eyed and in shock. I didn't blame her, I would be scared too.

"It's ok honestly, she's just nervous. No worries." I anxiously said.

I placed my hand on his arm to calm him down, but he wasn't budging. He was clearly taken back by her lack of words. I couldn't care less, but he saw it differently.

"It's – it's – it's – my – first – first – day Alpha." She stuttered. Her whole body was trembling, I could smell the fear coming out of her. The poor girl was just working, was this how Holden treated all of his pack members?

"What's your full name?" He questioned.

"Angie Brant, Alpha." She whispered in a low tone, hoping other customers wouldn't catch a glimpse of what was going on in our booth.

"You're family are Omegas?" He asked again.

I wasn't sure why he needed to know all this info, she was only trying to do her job. Omegas were working wolves, but they had a crucial role in all packs, and it was up to the leaders to treat them with respect.

"Yes." She timidly replied.

Holden finally released her arm causing her to stumble back. She quickly walked away while periodically looking over her shoulder. Seeing her face, the look of horror made my heart drop. How could Holden be so cruel?

"So as I was saying, Diana." He took another sip of coffee and gave a small smirk. Was he messing with me? Did he want to see how I would react to this situation?

"Umm – what was that?" I narrowed my gaze at him cautiously, he knew I was disturbed.

"That? Diana, my angel. You see if you are going to lead a pack you need to lead with authority." He smiled as he looked down the aisle at Angie who was serving other customers.. "I hope you can adjust to our way of life because this is the way it is. Whether you like it or not, this is how I lead." He grabbed my hand and rubbed the top with his thumb. His words sent shivers down my spine and I was too much of a coward to respond.

I honestly didn't want to pursue the conversation any further, the more he spoke the more fear that built inside me. He was the Alpha, and even know I was his Luna now I wasn't sure how much he would listen to me. I quickly tried to change the topic.

"So what's your question that you wanted to ask?" I casually asked.

I took more sips of coffee to hide my face, I didn't want to show him that I was horrified by his behaviour.

"Diana, I asked you to bear my pups. I know it's soon but I'm an anxious person. And I know I want you to be the mother of my child- " Suddenly Angie appeared in front of our table, but this time instead of coffee she held the bill. She still looked shaken from her encounter with Holden, her body still trembling and her face white as a ghost.

"Um-sorry Alpha, to - er- interrupt-here's the bill." Angie spoke so quietly it was almost hard to hear her. She placed the bill on the table and all I could see was Holden smiling, but it wasn't a friendly smile, it was devious.

"Angie, my poor Angie. Do you not know about were-wolf customs?" Holden's body leant back while his arms swung open resting on the back of the booth. He was trying to frighten her with his size and it was obviously working. I could see her trying to hold back the tears as she held her hand over her mouth. I knew I had to do something before this situation spiraled out of control.

"I'll do it!" I excitedly said slamming my hands onto the table.

Both Angie and Holden turned to me both looking curiously in my direction. I raised my eyebrows at Holden, he knew what I was referring to.

"Leave now." Holden spoke to Angie, but kept his eyes on me. He looked serious, not the type of reaction I was hoping for, but at least Angie could get away from him. She was practically running down the aisle towards more customers.

"What did you say my angel?" Holden whispered as he grabbed my hand once again, squeezing in anticipation. Once I agreed to it, there was no turning back.

"I will Holden." I whispered back. I couldn't bring myself to say the words completely, but I think Holden wanted to hear it from my mouth.

"You will what?" He was caressing my hand softly in his as he waited for my response. His hands were heating up, I knew I was getting him excited.

"I will bear your pups Holden."