Jack Daniel's

Holden

"NOOOO!" My face was drenched as I awoke from another nightmare, but this time, it wasn't just a nightmare. It was too vivid to be a dream. I felt her. I felt her slipping through my hands.

I looked at the empty side of the bed. It still had her scent. It felt like just yesterday she was here, but it's been weeks. Not a sign, not a clue, but our plan was in motion. It was only a matter of time until Red implemented the asset. It was the only way.

"You alright?" Iris mind linked. I'm sure he could hear me at night. I was a fucking wreck.

"Send Red to me NOW."

"As you wish Alpha."

I sat up in the dark room, it was still in shambles from the night she was taken. The wall was partially destroyed, and the door, still resting on top of the rubble. The rest of the house was repaired except my room. I wanted to remind myself everyday of what he took from me.

The only addition to the partially destroyed room were the mounting number of empty bottles of whiskey. I peered down to the floor, hoping to find one that wasn't finished.

"Ah ha." I picked it up, analyzing the label with my finger.

Jack Daniel's never failed me.

I brought the spout to my lips, inhaling the bitter aromas. As I filled my mouth with the liquid, I already sensed Red by the doorway.

"You going to get this fixed anytime soon?"

I focused on finishing the rest of my medicine. It was the only thing keeping my mind at ease while she was gone. My mark has completely disappeared and it was only a matter of time until I went completely insane.

The warm liquid hit my stomach, numbing my body and mind.

As I finished the bottle I starred out the window still covered in drapes. I could tell it was sunny outside, but I preferred to stay in the dark.

"Want me to open these?" Red approached the window, and I narrowed my gaze at him.

He looked like he was running outside. No shirt, just shorts and a sweat drenched body.

"No." I grabbed his wrist.

He stopped mid-step and peered down at me.

"I want an update." I looked at the now empty bottle and threw it to the side of the room. Hearing the glass break was oddly satisfying.

"The plan is set in motion."

"You have been saying that, but as more time goes on..." I touched my neck.

"I know."

"You don't fucking know!" I roared.

He stood silently, but his eyes said everything. I hit a soft spot.

"You need to understand the Fenrir pack. They are not your run of the mill village town where you can pillage and do whatever the fuck you want. They are born warriors and have no fear; they will die for the pack without a moments hesitation."

"You are connected to Diana are you not?"

"Yes, I am" He sighed heavily, "I've tried reaching out to her several times, but she is much too far."

"Tell me about him."

"About whom?"

"DAMIAN." I gritted through my teeth.

"Oh- well, what can I say? He is..." He scratched the back of his head.

"Scared of the flattery?" I felt my agitation rising. I wanted the truth, I wanted to know everything about him.

"He's the greatest warrior I've ever seen."

Just hearing the words lit a fire under me that I haven't felt for weeks. It was time to get my shit together.

Red jumped back as I abruptly rose to my feet.

I stepped to the draped window as bright light was seeped through the sides. In one swift motion, I tore the drapes off, allowing the light to fill the room. It took some time for my eyes to adjust to the brightness, but it was exactly what I needed.

"Iris, its time to clean up my room. Send someone immediately."

"Yes Alpha."

"Should I clean up the bodies hanging from the trees now?"

"Oh right." I patted Red's shoulder, "I think everyone has had enough, don't you think?"

"Uh-" Red's eyes widened at the sight of my newfound mood. "Sure Alpha."

"I know you've spent your life under Damian, but you fail to realize one thing. I know his weakness. I know more then you think, and if he thinks just being a good warrior will protect Diana from me, he is sadly mistaken."

"What am I missing then?"

"In time you will know Red. In time. By the way, where is my red headed Vixen? Did she get the asset in place?"

"Yes, everything is in place Alpha, just waiting to get confirmation from her then we can get the plan going."

"Good, go now."

"As you wish." Red did a slight bow before heading out the door.

"Oh, and by the way, I've considered what you said about letting you personally handle the mission and all. I mean, I know you're a fully capable warrior and this is just an extraction mission, but I think you will need reinforcements."

"Reinforcements?"

"Yes, I will be coming with you, PERSONALLY." I felt a smile poke through my face.

It has been so long since I've smiled. So long since I've felt a sense of hope of getting her back.

"Oh-" Something about Red's demeanor completely changed. I knew he was up to something. I wasn't a fucking idiot. He's gone soft of me and I wasn't sure why.

"Yes Alpha."

"After I get her back, it's game on." I glanced outside to see the large trees, decorated with the incompetent warriors that have failed me over the past weeks. There were even some Fenrir warriors that I've caught on the edge of the borders mixed in with the bunch. Damian was keeping tabs on me.

As I heard Red's footsteps fade away, I sighed heavily. My mind was running fast into overdrive. I felt rejuvenated; I felt awaken from a hibernation of depression. It was only a matter of time until I had her back, and when she finally came home... I WAS GOING TO TAME HER; I was going cleanse her of the Fenrir trash that engulfed her body and mind.

"I'm coming for you little brother." I whispered to myself, "Diana's MINE."