Escape

Diana

"Diana? Diana wake up, we gotta go!"

I was asleep, but I heard her voice call out to me. I was still drowsy, my eyes were heavy like rocks, but thankfully, I started to wake. I could only assume Holden brought me back here after our little doctor appointment, but I'm not sure how much time had passed.

"Diana, wake up." Hippolyta whispered harshly as she tapped onto my shoulder.

My eyes flickered open. It wasn't a dream, it was Hippolyta, and she was wearing Crimson warrior gear. It was all black, and it resembled military armour. I glanced over to see her wearing an additional holster with a large knife hanging over her waist.

"Hippolyta?" I looked to her as she stood over me. She looked healthy, and she looked the same as she always did, but her eyes were struck with fear.

"Luna!" She pulled me in for a hug and I embraced her. Just inhaling her scent lifted my spirits. She felt so good in my arms, like a reminder of what I was missing.

"I'm so sorry." I released my grip and sat up from the bed.

"Don't be sorry, this isn't your fault... Here, put this on." She held a warrior outfit in her hand. "We must go soon."

"Where's Holden?"

"He had to leave. Alpha Cyrus of Red Blood Pack is under attack."

My eyes lit up as I looked to her. "Is it Damian?"

"That's the weird part. It's not Fenrir, and it wasn't Damian. We will talk more later, we must go. Loki is clearing a path."

"Clearing a path? Can we still trust him? I know he is your mate, but we were betrayed by him... All of us were."

"Look." She grabbed my hand and squeezed tightly. "He doesn't deserve redemption. I'm so sorry for what he has done, but he is the only way we are getting out of here... I don't know what else to say now... I feel horrible for what has happened..."

I cleared my throat and pulled my hand away. "Like you said, we will talk later." I grabbed the clothes and started to get changed.

"He also explained your condition..." I could sense her looking down to my stomach. I stopped and placed my hand on my growing bump.

It was true.

The babies were growing fast. I only got a diagnosis yesterday and I could already feel my stomach poking out a little more.

I sighed heavily, then proceeded to get changed into the warrior clothes. "Yea, twins..."

"We will both get you home safely." She handed me the silver knife from her holster. "You will need this more then me."

I paused briefly as I looked to it. It resembled a large hunting knife. It was big, but mobile enough to use in a fight. "Thanks." I reached out and took it from her hand. It was standard issue for a warrior to have a silver knife, and our Fenrir warriors carried ones like this, but I never thought I would have to use one under these circumstances.

I placed the knife in the empty holster hanging to the side of my pants.

"You look fierce, and you look ready." Hippolyta let out a small smile as she looked to me wearing the Crimson outfit.

The clothes were snug, but they fit well enough. The armour wasn't too bulky because it was built for mobility. It was partially bullet proof, but I wasn't wearing it for the the amour, we were wearing this to blend in with the other Crimson warriors.

I started walking towards the door, but before I stepped through the doorway, I looked back one last time, hoping that this would be the last time I ever stepped foot in this place.