Inside Job

Damian

"What the HELL happened?!" I slammed my fists hard into my desk causing one of the legs to rupture. Anger wasn't a good word for how I felt right now.

I WAS FUCKING LIVID.

The group of men gathered in my office remained silent, and their eyes all drawn to the floor in submission. No one had to balls to explain to me how the rogues got as far as they did.

Diana was still unconscious in my bedroom as our pack doctor attended to her. She had no visible wounds, but she was barley clinging to life.

Was this my punishment for leaving her alone? I was foolish for thinking anyone could protect her but myself. I wanted to murder this whole pack after putting my mate at risk.

"They came out of no where Alpha." Alex muttered from the corner of the room.

"I find that hard to believe. Rogues are like mosquitos, we swat them out of the way before they bite onto our skin. All of this shouldn't of happened. If anything, just on our borders. Not at the house. This is unacceptable for Fenrir. If I didn't come back when I did...." I ran my hand through my hair as I contemplated telling them about their new Luna. They deserved to know, but now wasn't the time. I needed to get clarity with her before I introduced her to the pack. Diana would stay a secret for the mean time.

"I'll look into it Alpha." Eric stood next to me as his eyes shifted on the screen of his hand held device, most likely looking over surveillance footage. Eric was probably thinking what I was thinking.

This must have been an inside job, but who was the traitor?

"If you don't mind Alpha. Who is she? How did she... You know?" Adonis glanced over at Eric who was standing beside me, looking as healthy as ever. I had a million questions myself, but it will remain unanswered until she wakes up.

"There was nothing unusual about it Adonis. I healed and that's that. She was a mere bystander." Eric interjected.

"But..." Alex opened his mouth and I glared at him.

"What is it Alex?" I growled.

"Nothing Alpha. Just like Eric said. A mere bystander." He looked away. He obviously didn't believe me.

"I'll be investigating this fuck up. I'll follow up with you all tomorrow." Eric kept his eyes on his device and walked out of my office.

"Thanks Eric." I was unsure what else to say because Diana was still my secret. After all, the threats were eliminated and in my warrior's eyes, they succeeded in defending our territory. This wasn't the first-time rouges attacked, and I knew it wouldn't be the last.

I looked up at everyone's faces. Looking battered and exhausted from fighting the rogues all night. Maybe I was being unnecessarily aggressive, but at the same time, there was something strange going on. If they only knew they almost got their new Luna killed.

"Dismissed." I shifted my eyes to the window. Birds were chirping and the sun was shining through the trees. It was beautiful outside, but I couldn't help to feel the dread of what was going on inside this house.

"Yes Alpha." I heard Adonis speak but kept my eyes focused on the window. "Let's go."

Their footsteps faded away and the office door was closed.

I was finally left alone to think.

I'm sure everyone was going to avoid me for the next few days out of a fear of my wrath. I was so pissed; I was so angry and all I wanted to do was enjoy my mate, to make her happy, but that asshole screwed everything up for her.