Last Day on Earth: Part 1

Loki

I thought I was dead.

The only thing allowing me to live was my will to see her one last time. I could hear her voice, and her touch, softly caressing the wound that was plastered onto my chest.

"Hippolyta?" I whispered, hoping she could hear me and pull me out of my slumber, but I was only met with silence and a darkness that was slowly devouring my mind.

Was this the end?

...

"Wake up." There was a hard tap on my shoulder. My eyes were weighed down by exhaustion, but I was breathing, and the once heavy feeling in my chest was no longer there.

I was feeling as good as ever. Was this a sick joke? Did I just survive the night?

"Loki, wake up." There was another tap, but this time one with more force. It was enough to get my eyes to slowly open.

It was blurry at first, and I could see dark silhouettes standing near by. I was expecting to wake up in either a shallow grave or a holding cell, but fate brought me here, some where in the pack house.

"WAKE UP." Damian's harsh cold voice came from the bottom of the bed. His arms were crossed as he looked down to me.

"Loki, please wake up, we need to talk," a familiar voice spoke.

I wasn't expecting to see him here so fast, yet again, I thought I would be dead by now. I suppose Adam got my coordinates to Fenrir territory and found Damian.

The hard metallic aftertaste of dried blood still remained in my parched mouth. My throat was dry like I haven't swallowed in days, and my wrist was on fire.

I glanced down to see why. I pulled up my hand to realized I was shackled to the makeshift metal bed frame. The silver lined chain tightly dug into my skin, and it hurt to move the slightest bit. I hissed from the pain as I placed my hand back down on the bed.

I looked up to see Damian still looking at me with the same dark expression as before. His eyes were cold and emotionless as he looked over to Adam standing next to me.

Adam looked bigger than I last saw him. He was wearing Fenrir warrior gear, an odd sight to see, but it was something I was hoping for this entire time. Damian needed his help to get Diana back. It was the least I could do. Nothing would make up for my betrayals, but knowing that I helped near the end would allow me to sleep better in the after life.

"Why didn't you kill me?" My voice was horse, I could barely get the words out from my dry mouth.

"Here, drink this." Adam held a glass of water in front of me. I went to put my hand out, only to realize it was the hand being weighed down by my shackle. I switched arms and used my free hand to take the glass of water.

"Thanks." I pursed my lips to the glass and let the water soak through my mouth. I've never appreciated water this much in my entire life. I could drink several more glasses, but the one will suffice for now. I was grateful I was even getting this type of treatment.

"Is it true Loki?" Damian blankly asked.

I gave the glass back to Adam and wiped my mouth clean of the water drips. "Is what true?"

"Did you go back on the day of the fire?"

"Yes." I replied.

"Why?"

"To save them."

"You were a rogue. I find it strange that a feral beast would entertain the idea of saving anything but itself."