Awake

Diana

My eyes were finally flickering open, it felt as if I was sleeping for an eternity. I didn't want to make any subtle movements until I knew what was going on around me.

"Is she going to wake up? How much longer?"

I could hear faint voices talking in the distance and none of them were familiar to me.

"There's no way of knowing Alpha, she was severely wounded with silver, I'm surprised she's still alive."

"I'm sorry but I need to speak up and say something. This is crazy to have her here in our territory, and we have no clue who the hell she is! Those wolves were protecting her for a reason. Why put us all at risk?"

Shit. How could I forget? I'm here with those murdering bastards.

"Look she's moving!"

I opened my eyes wide fully to analyze my surroundings, already planning my escape. My vision was still slightly blurred to make out any details from the three men standing over me.

I rubbed my eyes to get a better view of them.

"Leave," I recognized the Alpha's voice. His eyes were locked onto me like a hawk hunting pray.

The man in a white lab coat which I presumed was the doctor, quickly scurried away, while the other large man gave me a death stare and stormed off.

"What's this about? Why am I here? Wait a minute, you shot me?!" I padded my hand frantically where the bullet wound was, and to my surprise, it was wrapped in gauze.

The Alpha remained silent as he casually leaned against the wall with his arms crossed, probably enjoying the entertainment of my crazed emotional outburst.

"Well? Are you going to say something you bastard?!" I started raising my voice, hoping to get a response. "Also did you change me? How did I get into this hospital gown!?" I was feeling weak, but I felt energized enough to give him shit for what he's done.

He responded with a chuckle and smile. I must admit, for a vicious murderer he was easy on the eyes... I held my hand over my mouth to contain myself from my crazy thoughts.

WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO ME? Why was I thinking like this?

As my vision improved, more of his facial features came into view, but that is when the butterflies went full throttle in my stomach, swirling around causing the blood to rush to my face.

"You're cute when you're flustered" His smile lit up as he noticed my blushing face.

I refused to let myself be dazzled again with a few nice words and compliments. I won't make the mistake again, because look where that got me with Holden. I paid a heavy price on my impulses, and now, I was going to learn from my experiences.

"You know what asshole, what did you drug me with? Do you even know who I am?" I furrowed my eyebrows as I narrowed my gaze into his golden eyes. I was angry, but I felt a sense of calm when I starred into them, like watching the smooth drips of honey running out of a container. There was something about him that was so familiar, yet so mysterious.

"We didn't drug you, nor did I undress you, thanks to the doctor that saved your life." He replied.

"Where am I?"

"You're not at the hospital if that's what you're asking. You are somewhere safe, and maybe this room looks like a hospital," he glanced around at all the medical equipment scattered around the room, "but you are far from civilization." He smirked.