Waking Up

Damian

"Damian"

"Damian, are you there?"

Her voice filled my head, but I was paralyzed, why couldn't I move?

"Damian."

My head was ringing, and smoke filled my nostrils. I opened my eyes and realized we were still in the Pub. The last thing I remember was Eric and I standing at the bar, talking, then Diana left.

It was the last time I saw her.

The entire place was on fire, and I was still in a dazed state. I could barely make out the screams and yelling. My head was still foggy from whatever I ingested. All I could hear was Diana's voice, her pleas to wake me, but now there was only silence.

Wolves were shifting and running out of the burning building. Everything was totally engulfed in flames. The fortunate ones managed to awaken before the fire engulfed them entirely.

While I stumbled towards the exit, I felt myself tripping over unconscious bodies that haven't yet awoken. I immediately started pulling on a young man that was closest to the door.

He was mumbling, I could see he was struggling to wake up. I could barely conjure the strength to pull him out.

I was so weak. I've never felt so helpless in my entire life.

How could I struggle to pull them out like this? How could I be so damn WEAK?!

If I didn't pull him out, along with the rest, they would go up in flames. Time was of the essence, and now, I was beginning to realize that I wouldn't be able to save them all. I could barely breathe, the fire, so hot that my skin was beginning to burn.

There were countless victims, all sleeping peacefully as the fire engulfed their bodies.

Inside my head I was panicking.

How could I choose who lives and who dies as the building goes up in flames?

I wouldn't be able to save them all, but I had to try my best to get save as many as possible.

"Eric!? Where the hell are you?! Pull out as many as you can! There are many still unconscious!" I mind linked to Eric, hoping he was already awake.

"Working on it Alpha! What the fuck happened?! Where is Diana? Where is Hippolyta?!" He replied.

"Get them out first, we can't let them burn!"

As much as I needed to find Diana, I couldn't let them die when I was only feet away. All of them were helpless, laying unconscious as the fire engulfed the building.

I couldn't stop coughing. The smoke filled my lungs to the brim, and by the time I got through the door I was gasping for air.

"Alpha, we tracked their scent, their off territory." Barak mind linked to me.

That's when I looked to the tree line on the edge of the road.

It was Adonis and Barak in their wolf form. They were panting, and I could tell they've been running for a while.

"WHERE IS SHE!?" I let out a deep, dark growl as I creeped forward.

I was trying to shift, I was dazed, and I was still fucking drugged with ever concoction that bastard gave to me.

Deep down I knew who took her, but I needed to hear it from them. Maybe I was in denial, or maybe it was because I never expected for it to happen like this.

There was a pause as the two warriors looked to each other, then back to me.

"Holden took her."