Reunion

Diana

My mind was on fire, just like the blaze starting to poke through the Pub. The smell of smoke filled my nostrils, and my hands were beginning to swell from all the pounding on the door.

I wasn't going to abandon my mate, or my family. I wasn't going to run.

No, not this time.

"They're coming Diana. Please, leave." Red mind linked to me.

I was too busy to turn around, I needed to get this door open.

"Fuck you Red, why don't you come and help me bash this door through!"

There was no response.

I turned around to see Red, closely looking at the girls on the ground. He was hesitant to approach, and began sniffing their scent, then he bent over and ran his hand through Hippolyta's hair.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" I stomped over to him and he stepped back.

"Diana, please, I never wanted this outcome, I just came for my mate."

"Mate?" I gasped.

"Yes."

"You mean?" I looked down to Hippolyta who was sound a sleep beside her friend.

Suddenly, there was clapping. Red and I turned around to the other side of the road, and out from the shadows, emerged two faces that I wasn't surprised to see.

Just getting a glimpse of her fiery red hair created a tsunami of rage that I had kept hidden away. Aria was naked just as Red was, and she was walking with the same human I had my suspicions about previously.

Jessica.

I bent down to Hippolyta's side, she was a warrior, and I knew she kept silver on her somewhere. I'm guessing it would be tucked away in one of her pant pockets. I tried to be discreet, I padded both sides, but I couldn't feel anything.

Shit.

I looked back down to her and realized there was a third pocket. One right to the side of her shirt, like a hidden compartment. I padded where the pocket was, and low and behold, there was a small switch blade. I discreetly slid my hand inside and tucked the blade in the palm of my hand.

"Like the dress Diana." Aria smirked.

I straightened myself up and I locked eyes with her.

"New girlfriend?" I peered over to Jessica, she was trembling, and by the look of her face, she was crying. Her makeup was running down her cheeks and her once neatly styled hair was now a rat's nest.

"How in the hell else would we be able to pull this off? A human? Crazy times we are living in." Aria pushed Jessica to the ground, and she started to sob and beg for her life.

She started to crawl towards me. "Please! I didn't mean to; my family would have been killed! Please you have to believe me."

I was pissed that I was right all along about her, but at the same time, I saw sincerity in her eyes. She looked to me like it was her last day she was going to live. She was good as dead, and I knew Aria would make sure of it. Aria liked to play head games. She wanted me to console her, she wanted me to help her, she wanted to see the face I made when she murdered her in cold blood and there was nothing I was able to do to stop her.

"Come." I waved my hand to Jessica and she started scrambling towards me. She was frazzled, and there was no escaping the fate she was about to receive. The only thing I was able to do was free her from the pain.