Good News

Diana

I managed to turn a few heads of some guests that surrounded us, but I could care less.

Was I being unreasonable?

Did I look insane?

Everyone seemed to be fine with Jessica but me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Tears started to fill her eyes as I gripped my hand back on her arm, but I wasn't going to hold back.

I was never going to hold back anymore; I needed to protect my family at all costs.

"Di, what the hell is this about? How do you know her?" I felt Damian's hand go onto my shoulder. I could sense he wasn't feeling the same threat as me, but he stood tall beside me we tried figuring out who she was.

Eric stood there wide eyed but refrained from getting in the middle of it. He knew his place, and he wouldn't interject, but I could tell he was uneasy with the whole situation.

"I – I – I -" I couldn't form a sentence. I was acting on a whim and I couldn't explain myself beyond my suspicions.

What was I supposed to tell them?

It was only a gut feeling, and at the end of the day, I couldn't see anything that would lead me to believe that she was an enemy, only this weird inner instinct that was causing me to act out.

Was I wrong?

Was this pregnancy related?

Were my emotions getting the best of me?

No Diana! You've made too many mistakes before and look where it got you! Don't be a fool!

My mind was fighting over what was right or wrong, because what if I was wrong? She was human, and that's all I knew about her. My inner beast was telling me she was bad, but what proof did I have?

"Di, are you sure?" I could feel Damian's body tense up as he narrowed his glance at the girl. His eyes darkened, and I knew in this moment, he had my back no matter what. Whether he thought I was wrong or not, he wanted to protect me at all costs.

At this point, the girl looked like a scared lost puppy. Her eyes were watering, and her body trembled as Damian and I stood over her. She was in shock, and sweat pellets began running down her head as she stuttered her words.

"I started with Isabela last year, I – er – uh, I don't know what else to say."

What if I was wrong? Was I acting just like Holden would act? Impulsive and violent on just a gut feeling? What was I supposed to do...

Kill her? Torture her for information?

She was one human, and the only reasonable thing I could think of doing was sending her away, but what if I were wrong about that too? What if she was bad, or maybe she was connected to Holden?

"Luna, do you actually know her? She is only one human." Eric remained where he stood, but there was a look of concern in his eyes as he looked to me.

Was he thinking I was going crazy?

I had no doubt he would do as I commanded, but the thought of the rest of the pack thinking of was some violent, impulsive Luna was the last thing I wanted for tonight, especially when I had to tell Damian of my news.

"Don't be naïve, she is capable of more then you know." I furrowed my eyebrows as I continued analyzing Jessica who was shaking nervously.

"I'll take care of this." Damian waved to a group of warriors on the other end of the bar. They weren't drinking, and they were on duty to guard the place from what I can tell. They wore all-black combat suits with weapons holsters to their sides. Probably overkill for a function such as this, but Damian was paranoid just as much as I was.