Revelation

Diana

"What?" My mouth hung open, there was so much I wanted to know. Was this mate alive? How come Red didn't mention it before?

"You heard me."

"I-I-Red-I mean Loki never mentioned anything to me."

"Probably a detail he wanted to leave out." Eric scratched the back head.

"Who is she-" Just before I could finish my sentence, I felt a warm wave pulse through me. My heart raced as my stomach churned. The blood rushed to my face as I placed my hand on my abdomen. Stars clouded my vision as the churning ball travelled up my windpipe.

I had to turn away.

I couldn't face Eric, not like this.

I was going to...

"Diana!" Eric reached to help me, but it was too late, I was already bending over, puking out my previous meal all over the grass. I was thankful no one was around to see this, but just as I finished, I felt myself working up again.

"Let me get Damian." Eric held my hair back as I continued dry heaving.

"No," I gripped onto Eric's arm as I stood up straight, wiping the remanence from my mouth, "I need to walk this off, like you said, give him space."

"Your sick Diana! He won't care."

"Probably something I ate, just walk with me?"

Eric raised his eyebrows and sighed heavily, "If you insist."

...

The entire walk back to the house made the nausea a little better, but I was still on a thin line. I was too sick to continue our conversation. I had to focus on getting to bed.

"Thanks Eric, I'll take it from here." I patted Eric on the shoulder as I stepped inside my bedroom.

"Are you sure your alright?" He looked me up and down curiously as he stood in the doorway. He looked concerned, but there was nothing more that he could do. I just needed the sleep.

"No, I'm ok, and I'm sure Damian will be back soon." Just as Eric was about to turn away, I spoke up, "Eric?"

"Yes?" The way he looked at me sometimes reminded me of Damian. He was loyal, had his quirky ways, but he was someone I could always rely on. Maybe that's why we got close at the beginning. He was so easy to talk to.

"Thanks for everything, maybe we can continue that conversation another day?"

He nodded his head, "Of course, and be well Diana, I'm always close by."

I let out a small smile before closing the door. I couldn't believe I held it in for that long. I ran to the bathroom as fast as I could, bursting through the bathroom door to the toilet that was just in reach.

Thankfully, I made it right on time.

After a few more dry heaves and unpleasantries, I brushed my teeth and got changed into one of Damian's oversized t-shirts. Just inhaling the cotton fabric made my mind and body at ease. I wasn't sure what the hell was wrong with me today, but I decided I'll be spending the rest of the day in bed.

I was already cocooned in the duvet by the time I climbed into bed. It was like I was floating on a cloud; it was so damn comfy. My eyes were already flickering closed within a minute of resting my head on the pillow.

Although I was tired, I was still thinking about everything today. I was curious about the conversation regarding Red and Eric. Who was this mystery mate they were fighting over? Eric was still single, so I suppose she was dead. Or maybe she ran away?