The Mystery of Angie Brant

"What do you mean she left for her other job? I find it impossible that she is working, for WHAT? Eighteen hours?!" I was questioning a old grey haired lady who was locking up the restaurant. Thankfully Adrian drove me fast enough to catch her before the diner closed for the night.

"I told you Luna, that's all I know! Now if you please, I'm going home." She tried walking by me but I stood in her way.

Her wrinkled face was flustered with annoyance, and I was increasingly getting frustrated with her attitude. She obviously didn't want me to know of Angie's whereabouts.

"Ok, you know what, you just stand still and I'll find out for myself." I smirked. I had a trick up my sleeve, another 'ability' no one knew about. I remember using it once, years ago when Adam and I got into a fight. I swore never to use it again, but desperate times comes with desperate measures. I wasn't even sure it would work, but what did I have to lose?

"What do you mean? I told you the truth, there's no need!" She crossed her arms and cautiously stepped back, but I managed to reach my hands out fast enough to grab hold of her shoulders.

"Luna!?" She yelled out as we locked eyes.

She was looking at me like she wanted to look away, but she couldn't, she was trapped in my gaze and there was no escaping. Her body began trembling as she was unable to move, paralyzed like she was frozen in time. The keys in her hand were being clutched so hard that blood starting oozing through her knuckles. I could feel her struggle in my mind, but I refused to let go. She started muttering words, but I couldn't make out what she was saying.

"Are you ready to tell me what happened?" I asked, still bracing her shoulders.

I could see she was ready to talk by the way she looked at me, her mouth was stuttering and her eyes widened like she was looking at a ghost. As I released my hands from her shoulders she immediately stumbled backwards.

"She-she-she doesn't have another job. She- left with someone in the middle of her shift." She stuttered.

"Left with someone? Left with who?" I questioned.

"A woman, she - she - I'm not sure who she was."

"Can you be more specific?" I asked again. My patience was running thin now, and I slowly stepped towards her, causing her to cower under her arms.

"A red headed woman alright! She threatened me not to tell anyone or she would kill me! I'm sorry Luna, but I have a family! She said it was pack business and that's all I know I swear! Just please let me go, PLEASE." She got to her knees begging for mercy. I looked down at her, tears were falling down her face and her pitiful cries could probably be heard through the whole town.

What have I become? This is something Holden would do, was I becoming like him? She was an innocent bystander and now she was begging for her life. I could feel Adrian's hand pat me on the shoulder, he could sense I was upset.

"Luna let's go." He whispered in my ear.

"Go home. No harm will come to you or your family. I give you my word." I said as I attempted to help her up, but she immediately stumbled back in fear.

"Thank you-but I can help myself up." She said as she bolted to her feet.

"You did what you had to do Diana. She didn't listen to you and you are her Luna." Adrian muttered under his breathe.

We stood by and watched as she scrambled into her car and I was still trying to process what she told me.

Why on earth is Aria escorting the waitress on 'pack business'? I was so suspicious of Holden, especially now that I know that Aria was involved. Did he take her away because of the incident at our breakfast? Was he that psychotic?