Part 16

"Hello."
"Y/N, we need to talk."
"What about exactly?"
"You know what. I wanted to talk to you in person, but you weren't home."
"No, I'm not."
"Can we just move on from that? I promise it won't happen again."
"Yeah, we can. But I'm not the one who's cheating. Maybe you should talk to Casey."
"You're insane. I will not do that. It was just a kiss."
"Fine. No hard feelings though. We'll have to be five days together and I don't want to be angry or embarrassed or whatever. It just happened, okay? Let's just forget about it."
"Thanks. Have fun wherever you are." He laughed.
"I'm actually with your friends. And I won't say any more. Goodbye."
I looked up to find them all staring at me.
"What exactly happened last night, Y/N?" Liam asked.
I sighed and told them.
"But please don't tell anyone. Especially Harry." I finished.
"We're not that evil." Niall laughed.
"He just confuses me so much. But it's over now. The day after tomorrow we're going to London and a few days after that he'll be married to Casey. That's it." I said, faking a smile.
"That doesn't work on us." Louis smiled cheekily.
"What?" I asked.
"Fake smiles?" Liam hinted.
"I better get going." I stood up, collecting the papers we had written on.
"Stay with us. Let us invite you to lunch." Zayn spoke, putting his hand on my shoulder.
"I-I." I stuttered.
"That's a yes. Let's go!" Niall cheered.

I stayed the whole afternoon with the boys and we finished planning our trip. I bonded a lot with them and I was happy because I knew that we would have lots of fun on the trip.
"Anyway, gentlemen. I had a lovely day but I really have to get home now. I can't wait for the trip!" I spoke.
I hugged them all before I left. I pulled up at my house to find another car there. I parked right next to it and hurried in.
"Y/N. You're mum's been telling me great things about you." Brad said as I went into the kitchen.
They were drinking tea, sitting on stools by the counter. Right. That was Brad's car. I had even gone in it. I stared at the counter, not saying anything. Looking at it made me think about what happened with Harry at that same exact spot.
"I came here because I wanted to know if you were free. And Angie kept me some company while I waited for you."
Why waa he callin my mum by her name? When did they become buddies?
"So the big question is, are you free?"
"Yeah, now I am." I smiled.
"Let's go then. Thank you, Angie, for your time and the tea."
We walked to his car.
"I've got something to tell you. We can go wherever you like, I just need to tell you what's going on."
"O-okay. Should I be concerned?"
"You can take it whichever way you want." He laughed, before opening the car door for me.

I stayed silent as he drove.
"Is everything alright?" Brad asked, breaking the ice.
Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about the kiss I shared with your sister's future husband on the same counter where you were having tea with my mum. I looked over at him.
"I'm fine. I guess I'm a bit moody today." I sighed.
"I'm sorry if I did anything to upset you. You didn't seem very happy when I told you I had tea with your mum."
"Well, it's not something that happens every day."
"I didn't mean to upset you, really."
I had to give this guy a chance. I was just angry at myself because things with Harry hadn't worked out. I couldn't take it out on him.
"I'm sorry. It was just too sudden for me. But there isn't anything wrong with you having tea with my mum. I overreacted and I'm sorry."
"It's okay. But you don't have to apologize. I guess I was too sudden with that. I'll give you some space next time." He smiled.
I nodded.
"Well, this is the prettiest park I could find. Want to take a walk?" He spoke, stopping the car.
"Sure." I said, getting out.
We found a bench nearby and sat down.
"Well. I-I couldn't stop thinking about you, Y/N. Since the last time I saw you, you haven't left my mind. I mean, you're incredible. You're nice, sweet, kind and you're so beautiful. And I know you might not feel the same. Just look at me and look at you. You would never go out with a lad like-"
I interrupted him with a kiss.