Part 33

I went back to Louis and Liam's room. I said nothing as I walked in. I was a bit in shock. His words hurt me. But I had to go to Harry's wedding. It would crush him if I didn't. I sat on the sofa.
"Y/N. Did something happen between you and Brad?" Liam asked, sitting next to me.
Then Louis sat on my other side. And then Niall and Zayn quickly came over.
"He knows everything." I sighed.
"He's not letting me go to the wedding."
"Are you serious? We have to do something about that, boys." Louis stated.
"No, I don't want any more drama. Harry just needs to get married. And I'll have to live with it. It's all over."
"Y/N, we all know you would be a horrible friend if you didn't go. We'll sort it all out. Just leave it in our hands." Niall insisted.
"Don't kill him. Or torture him."
"She thinks we're physcopaths." Zayn laughed.
"Maybe." I smirked, laughing after.
"You need to tell Harry." Liam said.
"I promise I will soon. But not right now. Where is he anyway?"
"Talking to Casey." Niall replied.
"He's calling off the wedding." Louis added.

I ran out the door to Harry's room, knocking on it repetitively. A teary-eyed Casey walked out the door, leaving it open for me to go in.
"What are you doing, Harry?"
"It was her! She did that to you!"
"How?"
"Where was she when we saw Brad at the reception desk? Getting all the paps to go to your room! Hell, I don't even know how she got them in there! That receptionist is a-"
"You've got this all wrong, Haz." I murmured.
"You know who did it?"

"No." I lied.
"Then why are you defending her?"
"I knew she was coming here. It was a surprise. For you. And Brad had asked me to help him. They had just arrived when we saw him. He wanted to make sure that nobody saw her. Especially you." I hated covering for stupid Brad.
But I couldn't tell him that was all an act because if not, I had to tell him about that night and I didn't want to. Not yet.
"So, she didn't do it?" Harry asked.
I shook my head.
"I just lost her."
"It's never too late, Harry." I stated, before he ran out the door.

The flight back to Holmes Chapel was awkward because Harry was with Casey and then the bridesmaids were with Brad, who sent me evil looks when he wasn't talking to them. I sat with the boys and was able to ignore everything else.
When we got to the airport, we took separate cars. I had to go back with Harry, the boys went in a different car and the bride with her cronies in another.
"Did you like London? Sorry, that was a stupid question." Harry said.
"I did. Most of it. The boys took really good care of me. You did too."
"The wedding will be very fun."
"I broke up with Brad."
"Oh. Sorry to hear that. Why? Did he cheat? Did he hurt you?"
"No. It was me. We don't go together. We're complete opposites. It wasn't going to work out and I wanted to do it before the wedding."
"Why?"
"Now that I think about it. I shouldn't go. You're marrying his sister."
"Y/N, that's nonsense. You're my best man! I can't get married without you! We're all adults here. He has to be mature enough to see you in other places. Even his sister's wedding."
"I can't say no to that. I'll be there." I sighed.

When we got home, I was greeted by my family and Harry by his and that's when we said goodbye to each other. I had dinner with mum and Elliott and we talked a while longer afterwards about the trip. Mum offered to do the dishes, so Elliott and I caught up on our stuff.
I told him about Harry, but I only mentioned that I had broken up with Brad and not that he had set paparazzi to my hotel room. I knew Elliott would go beat him up if he did.
"Hey, Y/N. I'm going to the wedding with Gemma. We didn't have anyone else to go with so we figured why not. Does that bother you?"
"No? Why would it?"
"I don't know, maybe now that you don't have a date if you want to go with me I can just tell-"
"No way. I want you to have fun. I'm not even sure if I'm gonna go."
"But you told Harry you would."
"Yeah, but—I need some fresh air."
"Okay, I know you want to be alone right now. But if you need me, just yell." He smiled.
I thanked him before going out to the front porch. I leaned on the railing on the side of the porch facing Harry's. I looked over to his porch to check if anyone was there too. And there he was, sitting down, his eyes fixed on the ground. He was thinking about something but I didn't know what.
"What's on your mind?" I called out, smiling.
He was startled by me, but replied, "The wedding."
I nodded. Of course.
"Wait, I forgot to tell you this, but you have to write a speech as my best man."
"Harry, I've been thinking about it and-"
God, it hurt me so much to do this.
"And I can't go to the wedding. Please just understand me." I said after my pause.
"Y/N, you're gonna need a really good excuse for this. You already told me you were coming!" Harry exclaimed.