Part 7

I woke up to find Elliott and my mum having breakfast in the kitchen. "Hello there, sleeping beauty." Elliott greeted. "I'm gonna miss living with you and everything." I replied, laughing. "How was last night?" I asked. "It went well, if you take out the part that Casey's family almost hated us." "Why?" "They were a bit angry at Harry for coming to check on you." Elliott explained. "I told him to leave." I muttered. "He was just being a good friend." Mum fought back. "Good friend? You're joking. He told me he didn't know why, but lately he felt attracted to me. At first I thought it was a good thing, but it's definitely not! How could he have eyes for another girl apart from Casey? It pisses me off." "You're saying that because deep down you know it's wrong, but you like this." Elliott replied. I rolled my eyes. "I told him we would talk about this, but I don't know what to say anymore." "Tell him how you feel." My mother insisted. "You honestly think that's gonna make Harry stop feeling 'attracted' to me? Or make the situation better? It's better if I don't this time. I sort of already told him." Elliott choked on his tea. "Tell us!" They exclaimed in unison. "He told me he couldn't contain his feelings for me and I told him I could. That's it." "You said nothing! He could've understood that you can contain your feelings, but not your feelings for him! You could've done better, Y/N." Elliott spoke. I glumly poked my food in response.

Later that day, Harry called me. "Hey-" "We need to talk now. It's urgent. Please come over." "Is everything okay? Harry, don't scare me." "I'll tell you when you get here." I hung up. Like that was going to take so long. I hurried over, quickly greeting Gemma and Anne and rushing to Harry's room. "What's up." I demanded. "I haven't started on the right foot with Casey's family." "Yeah, I know. My mum told me. What do I have to do with it? I was the one who told you to leave." "That was just one thing. Then Casey's father told me that I should've asked him for his daughter's hand." "Uh oh. Negative points for you." I said, sitting next to him on his bed. "And he told me he would like to have a chat with me before the wedding." "A chat as in-" "Yeah, I know he's gonna ask the question at some point." "And this does concern me. What'll you tell him?" "I still don't know." "Say no. Did you tell Casey about us?" "No. She wouldn't like you to be at our wedding if I told her." "I'm like a little devil, then." I laughed. "I want to say no to please them, but having sex with you is a part of my life. It may or may not have changed the way I was, but I don't think we should be afraid of it." "But I understand Casey. I don't know if I would've done it with you if I knew you weren't a virgin. I was scared as hell.""She'll have to trust me. Just like you did." I didn't like the thought of them together, repeating what we had done as teens. "It was different." I stated. "Shall we talk about last night?" He suggested.

"I'm surprised you're up for it. But okay." He looked at me for a while. "Y/N, I don't know what it is that makes me feel like this. I never felt that I needed you more than now. I'm not okay with this, I know I'm engaged and that my wedding is being planned now. It's like we've been apart all these years and now..." "You can't do this. I'll still be your best man and all, but you can't feel this way. You can't look at another woman when you're marrying an incredible one. Don't make it harder than it has to be." "I love you." "I love you too." I said, hugging him. I had done the right thing and I felt better about it. "We have a few things we need to plan." Harry said, eyeing me. "I'll do it. I'm on holiday anyway." I smiled. "Casey told me she planned a little party for us. The bridesmaids and the groomsmen will also be there. It's just so we all get to know each other before the big day." "Okay, but apart from that we need to go shopping and we need to plan your bachelor party." "We'll wear a tux, but what do we do for you?" "I guess a dress will do. So can I organize the party, please?" "Yes, I was going to ask you anyway. The boys are dying to meet you." "I know, I should've gone to see you on tour. I'm sorry." "It's okay. The boys are arriving tonight and I think tomorrow's that thing Casey said." "I should head back. Will you tell Casey's father the truth?" "I'm not sure yet." "Whatever you choose is correct for me. See you tomorrow." "Maybe we can see each other after dinner? We need to know each other a bit if we wanna beat Casey's team." "Wait, it's a game day?" "Yeah, sort of." "Well then, I'll do it for the team." I said, smiling. "I'll call you." I nodded and went home.

I spent the rest of the day imaging how meeting the rest of the band would be. I hoped that they would like me. We would be spending lots of time together and I wanted it to be fun. Elliott helped me choose my outfit since I wasn't sure what to wear. "You look even more nervous than yesterday." He laughed. "Maybe it's because I'm actually going to this one." I replied. "You'll find a man, sis. If it's not Harry, I know there's somebody out there for you. You're amazing. I wish there were more girls like you in this world." "You're being awfully nice lately. I don't know what's gotten into you, but I like it. Thanks." "You deserve it." He whispered, hugging me tightly. I decided to call Harry when I was ready, since I hadn't heard from him. "What's up, buttercup?" "I was just wondering when and where I'm supposed to meet you." "We're at the hotel. Come here if you want. I'll send you the address now." "Perfect. I'll be on my way."