Part 2

Harry chased after the car as it drove away. He cursed realizing his mistake. I approached him, not knowing how he would react. "Harry, I'm really sorry. This is all my fault." "Are you kidding? This is actually my fault. I'm trying to call her but she won't answer." He said, disappointed. "I can try if you want. Give me her number." I offered. "Really?" I nodded. I copied the number off his screen and hoped for her to pick up.

"Hello?" "Am I speaking to Casey?" "Yes." "This is all a big misunderstanding. Please hear me out." "You're the one Harry's been cheating me on?" "No. Harry hasn't cheated and he wasn't proposing to me." I walked away from Harry, pretending I was distraught in the conversation. "What do you mean?" "Harry was practicing with me." I whispered. "He's gonna ask me to marry him?" She squealed. "Yes. Please pretend that I haven't told you. I want Harry to think I told you something else. He's spent a lot of time on this and I don't want it to be ruined." "Thank you. Not to sound rude, but who are you?" "I'm Harry's neighbor since we were young." "Y/N?" "That's me." "Harry's talked so much about you. Thank you." "I hope everything goes well. See you soon." I hung up and walked back to Harry triumphantly. "She knows nothing. You're welcome." I said, walking past him. "Wait." He said, holding my hand to stop me.

"You had something to tell me." He said. "N-no. It's nothing." I replied. "You sounded very sure. Come on." He insisted. "Well, it's just that I... I miss you and we should see each other more often." I lied. "Yeah. You've just saved me, we obviously need to see each other more. I missed you too." He replied. "I'm gonna head back home. Good luck with tonight." "I might talk to you later. Just to check if I'm dressed correctly." "I'm sure it'll be fine, but okay." I smiled at him before turning away.

"Mum, I'm back." I called. But instead of seeing her I saw my brother. "Elliott! How are you?" I exclaimed. "Hi, sis. It's been a while." He responded, hugging me. "I know! When was the last time we saw each other? Easter?" "Yeah, probably." He laughed. "How's uni?" "Well, I'm doing what I can. Law isn't exactly easy." "Hang in there, bro. It'll be over soon." "Did you tell Harry?" She interrupted. "I didn't, Mum." "Why not?" "He's gonna marry her." "WHAT?" They both replied. I told them what happened minutes ago. "Do Anne and Gemma know he's gonna propose?" Elliott asked. "I don't know. I guess not yet." "I always thought you'd end up marrying each other." Our mother said. "I thought the same." Said a voice.

"Hey Gemma." "Elliott!" She ran over to hug him. "How much did you hear?" I asked nervously. "Oh, just enough to know you're talking about my brother. Anyway, Mum says that the only way we'll eat the pie is if you all come over and eat it with us." "Oh, Anne. I guess we can go over if you come over for dinner tonight." My mum said. "Well, you'll have to discuss that with her." Gemma replied as we walked from our backyard to theirs. "I'm back and I brought em with me!" She hollered as we went in. Elliott greeted Anne and Harry as he walked in. "Hey." I said, walking up to Harry. "Long time no see." He smiled. "So, have you decided what you're gonna wear tonight?" "Nope. Let's go choose."  He paused to announce our departure. "Anne, I'm serious. You're not playing fair." My mother protested. "Angie, I insist. And if it makes you happy, we'll go tonight." "Aw, I won't make it tonight, Angie. Sorry." Harry said. "It's okay, Harry. As long as you like my pie." Mum chuckled. "I'm dying to try it." Harry replied. We all sat down at the table and ate my mum's specialty. "It tastes better every time." Elliott said, breaking the silence. "I agree." Anne added. "Thank you. I make it with lots of love." I shook my head at my mum's cheesiness. "Excuse us, but Y/N and I have to go choose my outfit for tonight." Harry stated.

I followed Harry upstairs into his old room. "Hasn't changed much." I said, looking around. "I think I remember the last time you were here." "Yup." I replied, awkwardly. "So I thought I could wear...this." He pulled out a black shirt from his suitcase. "And on the bottom? Your typical all black boots and jeans?" He nodded, smiling like a little boy. "That smile hasn't changed at all." I said, leaning on his desk. "Your eyes haven't either. They hide so many things." He replied. "Yeah, and you're one of the few people that can read them." "You can't hide anything from me." He smirked. "Believe me, there are some things I keep to myself." I responded, rolling my eyes. "Well, I'll figure them out." "No you won't. I won't let you. You don't have to know everything about me." I fought back. "Okay, okay. But please know that you can tell me anything. Like old times." He said, resting his hand on mine. I nodded. How was I supposed to keep up with this? I felt like Harry was getting closer to me. More than what just an old friend would. Maybe I was just imagining things. He was going to propose to Casey, for crying out loud. I could never change his feelings for me that quickly. But like my mother would say, if I never tried I would never know. This was my last chance to open up to him.