Part 12

We looked around and all the tuxes seemed the same to me. I didn't know what I was supposed to be looking for anyway. "I like this one for the boys." Harry spoke, taking a tux from the rack. "What can I say, they all look the same to me." I replied with a cheeky smile. "Well, why don't we try on a few? That way we don't have to go and come back." Liam suggested. "Good idea. The only difference is that mine will have a vest." "And what color will the handkerchief be?" Niall asked. "Light blue, I'm pretty sure." Harry responded. "Oh, so can I wear a light blue necklace?" I pleaded. "Yeah, that's okay." We looked around a bit more and the boys found a few more pieces they wanted to try on. "Okay, I think we're done. It's Y/N's turn." Harry announced. "Why don't you boys try on a couple of things since the dresses are right next to the fitting rooms while I search for something for myself?" "No. We want to help. You've done enough." They raced down the aisles looking for dresses. I stood, confused watching four boys running around searching for the right dress. "What's gotten into them?" I asked Harry, who stood beside me. He shook his head, shrugging. "Done." They said triumphantly. "Here you are." They said, each of them handing me a couple dresses. "Let's go try everything on, then."

We entered in six separate rooms. I grabbed the first one, eyeing it. I rolled my eyes and tried it on. "Ready, boys?" "Y/N, this is a tux. We might take a while longer." Niall explained. I breathed out. I walked out and leaned against the wall. I decided to look at myself in the mirror. "Who chose this dress." I huffed. The boys came out and stared at me. "Where's the rest of it?" I sighed, looking at my reflection. "It's not that bad." Liam tried. "Who forgot that we're going to a Christian wedding?" I looked at the groomsmen. They said nothing. I stormed off to the racks again. Someone came running after me. I paid no attention, I looked for a dress. "Y/N, have you seen Harry's face?" Niall whispered. "No. I was too busy getting angry at you four." I replied, putting hangers to the side violently. "He was in awe. He couldn't say anything." "I know. He must've thought of the look on Casey and her family's face if they saw me in that." "Y/N, listen to me." He grabbed me by my shoulders and turned me to him. "What." "He wasn't thinking that. When you left he said, 'Damn. I shouldn't be looking at her that way.' And you know what that means." "Stop it already. You boys are trying to change something that can't be changed at all. Just give up. Do it for me at least. I've gone through enough, don't you think?" I said, fighting back the tears.

I walked away, looking at other dresses. I found a long sleeve dress and another long one. I also got a lace once, but I wasn't sure because the fabric brought bad memories. I added a peplum dress to my pile and walked back to the fitting room. "I'm back with suitable clothes." I announced, glaring at the boys. "We're almost finished." Harry told me. "Okay, I'll try to be quick." I put on the lace one first, but it didn't convince me. "I'm not really feeling this one." I said as I walked out. "It's nice. What's not to like?" Louis said. "Hm. This is just the first one, so." I replied, walking back in. I put on the long dress. "This one's elegant." I said, showing them. "It's a bit too plain, right?" Liam said. The other ones all seemed to simple for them. My last hope was the peplum. "Hey, can anybody help me with the zipper? Just come in, I don't mind." I declared. I waited as I pulled the straps up my arms. I heard the door open and close. He said nothing, only carefully zipping up the dress. "Thanks." I said, turning around to find Harry. "You look." He breathed out. "Is that a good thing?" I laughed, not knowing how to take it. "Amazing." He whispered. "T-thanks. So this is the one, then?"

"Yes. You need to wear this one to the wedding." "Are you sure? All I heard was the rest saying their opinion, but you didn't say a word about the other dresses." "I'm sure. This looks lovely on you." "Okay then, we're done. Have you chosen the tuxes?" He nodded. "Before you go could you unzip it, please?" "Oh yeah, of course." He slowly unzipped, at the same pace as before. It was like I felt him touching me beneath the fabric, every single place his fingertips travelled. He reached the end of my back. I let the dress drop to my feet. "I should go then." "Wait a minute! I don't want the boys to see me in underwear." I ran over to my dress, pulling it over me. I looked in the mirror to find his eyes staring back into mine. I got my bag and picked up the dress at his feet. "This one then." I reassured. He stayed still. "Let's-" I started.