Part 44 (Epilogue)

We arrived to Liam and Sophia's penthouse a little late. Harry and I seemed to be the last ones to get to places. They had already laughed it off on Louis' birthday so we knew they weren't angry or annoyed at us when we arrived fifteen minutes later.
"Hello!" Sophia greeted with Liam by her side.
"I hope one of your New Year's resolutions is to get to places on time."
He added cheekily.
We laughed as they let us in, feeling the warmth of the place heat our bodies. I greeted the boys and followed Sophia into the kitchen.
"Harry and I made a cake." I smiled as I set it down on the counter.
"What flavor is it?" She asked, intrigued.
"Red velvet." I giggled.
"Can't wait to try it! I bet it was made with lots of love." She winked at me.
She hurried me to the table, since dinner would be ready soon.
After dinner, we all helped with the dishes but I offered to help with dessert.
"We still need to talk about our stuff." Sophia reminded me.
"I know, but we really haven't had a moment to talk." I replied, gathering plates and forks for the cake.
"I guess it's all this excitement we have on New Year's Eve. Like you're anxiously waiting for the year to end although tomorrow will be another day, you know?"
"Yeah. Everyone's like that at this time of year. But honestly I don't mind it." I said thoughtfully.
"Anyway, how did Christmas go with Harry?" Sophia questioned, raising her eyebrows.
"It was amazing. It was what I expected. That's why I insisted on telling our family before. We had dinner with the fam, then we drank hot chocolate and then we went to bed together. On Christmas Day we woke up and went to open presents together. I'm so happy, Soph. Really." I smiled as I retold it.
"I'm so happy for you, Y/N. Thank you for coming today. I needed a girl here with all these boys." She laughed, gesturing with her hand at them.
"Y/N! SOPHIA! HURRY UP! THE COUNTDOWN IS ABOUT TO START!" We heard Louis yell. 
We scurried with champagne to the terrace, grabbing our coats on the way. We got there early and stood there staring at Big Ben in silence. Meanwhile, Sophia poured the gold beverage in flutes and passed them on to all of us.
"There it goes!" Niall exclaimed.
I looked over a at Harry, who was by my side.
"TEN...NINE..." They chanted in the background.
I found him staring right back at me. The redness in my cheeks was unnoticeable with how cold it was outside.
"SEVEN...SIX..."
Harry pulled me closer to him with a big smile.
"Five...Four..." He whispered in my ear.
And for some reason the only thing I could hear was his voice. No cheering, no fireworks, nobody else. Just me and him.
"To new beginnings." Harry said softly, clinking our glasses.
And right then, he kissed me tenderly. I hugged him as we decided to watch everyone else jumping around in joy.

The End