Part 17

He was taken aback, but kissed me back.
"I'm sorry." I panted.
"Thanks for doing that. I was really nervous." He laughed.
I gulped nervously.
"You didn't want to do it, did you?" He asked, knowing the answer.
I looked down at my lap, unable to face him.
"You're my first kiss. I've never kissed a girl before."
"You're really handsome, though." I whispered.
"Thanks, but Casey and I went to public schools and girls stayed away from me because I was the strange religious kid."
"There's nothing wrong with that." I tried consoling him.
And suddenly I realized how lucky Casey was. She found Harry probably in the same conditions. I couldn't let anything happen with Harry now that I knew her situation. She didn't deserve it. I was so wrong to not take it seriously. I snapped out of my thoughts when Brad took my hand.
"So do you want to try this out? I liked kissing you."
He looked at me. What was I supposed to say? Break his heart?
"O-okay." I stuttered, still unsure.
It was my time to move on too. I had this gorgeous man in front of me who was actually interested in me. I kissed him again and we went back home.
"Can I see you tomorrow?"
"Maybe for a while, yeah. We both have to pack for our trips."
"Yeah, but I want to see you. Please."
"Sure." I said, before pecking his lips as he dropped me off at my house.

I walked to my house through the backyard to get to the kitchen. I looked up to Harry's room to see if he was home. The curtains closed suddenly. I couldn't see who was in the room. I shrugged it off and walked inside.
"Mum, I'm home." I called out.
She appeared seconds later.
"How did it go with Bradley?"
"Fine, I guess. We're sort of going out now."
"What? What about Harry?"
"Harry is getting married. I thought you were invited?"
"I haven't forgotten, Y/N. I thought you would try."
"It's no use. Besides, Casey deserves someone like him."
"Why the sudden change of plans?"
"Mum, Brad talked to me about his teenage years and I'm guessing Casey's was the same. She finally found a good guy, so why not let her be happy?"
"Because you're in love with him?"
"Stop. I need to get over him. If nothing's happened between us in all these years, it won't in this week before he gets married. Please support me on this, I don't need everyone scolding me for not going after Harry."
"Y/N, if it sounded like that I'm sorry. You know I'll be happy with whatever decision you make. I just want you to be happy."
I nodded and hugged her. It was good to know she was there for me.
"I'm gonna go to bed. Good night."
I went upstairs and stayed there until I fell asleep. 

The next morning I woke up to my phone ringing. It was Brad.
"Good morning, princess. How did you sleep?"
"Hi. Great, actually. How about you?"
"Pretty well. I felt like hearing your voice. Sorry if I woke you up."
"It's okay. So are you still available today?"
"I would make time for you even if I didn't have it. When can I see you?"
"Maybe for lunch? I still need to pack."
"Sure. I would love that. See you then."
"Bye."
I hung up, sighing. I quickly smiled to myself. I was liking Brad more than I had expected to. I packed the cutest outfits I could find and left an extra one out for my date with Brad. I showered, got ready and headed out the door. Brad insisted on coming to pick me up, so he was waiting in the car when I got downstairs.
"You look gorgeous." He said as I got in.
"Thanks. You too." I replied, pecking his lips.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"It's a surprise."
"Okay. I won't ask any more then." He turned on the radio.
One Direction played. Was this some kind of joke? I decided to just enjoy the music that played. They were good singers after all.
"I need you to close your eyes for a moment. Please don't peek. You'll just ruin it for yourself."
"Fine. I promise." I said, resting my hands on my lap as he kept driving.

I heard as Brad got out of the car, but I stood still. Moments later, I felt him open my door.
"Can you walk for a while closing your eyes? It's just a few steps. I'll guide you."
I nodded, reaching out for him to lead me where we had to go.
"We're here. You can open your eyes now." He announced.
I opened them and smiled. It was a picnic in the same park we had gone to the day before.
"Yesterday was important for me. And before we go on our separate trips I wanted to remind you."
"This is so thoughtful. Thank you." I said, still looking around at what he had set up.
We stayed together all afternoon and we talked about everything: his trip, my trip, the wedding, his job, my job, our likes and dislikes... I didn't realize that the day had gone by so quickly. When I realized that it had started getting dark, I told him that I still had to finish packing and I wanted to be with my family for a while. He understood since he also had to do the same. We cleaned up everything and headed back home. When he stopped at my house, I looked over at him.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"We're barely getting to know each other and now a trip has to separate us."
"Well remember we're doing this for your sister and Harry."
"Yeah, I will miss you though."
"Me too."
I kissed him goodbye. But before I could get off, he rushed over to my side to open my door.
"Thank you. For everything." I said.
"Maybe a kiss would make me know how much you liked it." He smirked.
"I didn't know this side of you." I laughed.
But I kissed him anyway. After he left, I heard a voice saying something about Brad.