Part 1

I drove back to my hometown. I would see Mum and my little brother, Elliott. They were my family. I never met my father and I didn't want to either. He left us when we were really young and I wasn't interested in meeting a person like that. I parked in the driveway and honked before I got out. My mother opened the front door and rushed to hug me. "Y/N! How have you been, dear?" "Great. It's nice to see you, talking on the phone isn't the same." "I know, but the good thing is that you're here." "Has Elliott arrived?" "No, he's still driving here I suppose." "Oh, okay." "Can you take a pie I just made to Anne?" "Oh, of course. I would love to see her too." "Harry's here too. He has something important to tell us." I took my suitcase and followed her inside. "Do you think I should tell him?" "Why not?" "Well, he has a girlfriend." "Say it. Maybe he's waiting for you to tell him. You never know." "I guess I could give it a try." I replied, grabbing the pie and heading next door. I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open. "Y/N!" "Gemma! How've you been? I haven't seen you in forever!" "Oh I'm fine. It's nice to see you've come home for a few days." "Yeah, I needed some time with my Mum. Anyway, she told me to give you this pie." "Come in. Mum, Y/N's here!"

I walked to the kitchen and found Anne there. I hugged her and chatted with her for a while. "Harry's probably dying to see you." She laughed. "Where is he?" "No idea. Go check in his room if you like." "No, don't worry, I don't mind waiting." "HAZ! GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE! Y/N'S HERE!" Gemma yelled. I giggled. "There. That's settled." She said, smiling at me. I heard quick footsteps make their way to where I was. He approached me with a hug. "I'm so sorry, I fell asleep." "Don't worry." I responded, laughing. "I need to tell you something. Want to go outside?" "Yeah, sure. I wanted to tell you something too."

We walked to the front porch and sat down. "Well, first of all how are you?" He asked. "I'm great. It's nice to see you." I replied nervously. "I'm glad. Listen, maybe you should go first. What was it that you had to tell me?" "Um, no. It can wait. Mum told me yours was something important." "If you say so. I-I'm going to ask Casey to marry me." I gasped. "O-okay. But what do I have to do with all this?" "Well I know this is kind of weird, but I want you to be my best man. Well in this case, best woman." My mouth dropped open, speechless.

"Wow. I definitely wasn't expecting that. W-why me? Why not the boys or I don't know, a guy?" I mumbled. "I know this took you by surprise, but you're my best friend. I know we haven't been in touch lately, but we grew up together. You're the one I want to be there beside me." He explained. "I just don't want the lads to be upset because you didn't choose them." "You're actually making it easier. I wouldn't want to choose over them either. Don't worry, they will be groomsmen. Please say yes." "Yeah, okay." I gave in. "Thank you so much, Y/N. you have no idea how much this means to me." He said, reaching out to hug me. "You're welcome, Haz. Where is Casey anyway?" "She should be arriving. She preferred staying at a hotel." "You mean you haven't-" I whisper-yelled, my eyes widened. "Y/N, don't be like that. Respect her, please." Harry interrupted. "So she was the one who wanted it that way." "But it was our decision as a couple." "Yeah, I get it. It's cute though." I replied. "She should be arriving soon." "When are you proposing?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "Tonight." He gulped. "Oh my goodness! You must be so nervous." I teased. "Can I just rehearse with you, please? I'm scared I'll mess it all up." Harry pleaded. "I guess." I replied. "It's just that I still don't know what I'm going to say and I'll probably be super nervous and-" "Yeah I can tell that you already are. It's okay. Just go on with it." I interrupted.

"So let's pretend we're at dinner sitting face to face." "Okay. And this is dessert, I'm assuming?" I asked. "Yeah, exactly. I want it to be at the end of having an enjoyful dinner." "Okay, so we're holding hands, talking about us, our future, blah blah blah." He put his hand in mine as we spoke. "So, Casey. I've been thinking a lot about us lately and I have to say that I enjoy every moment I spend with you. We may not see each other all the time, mostly because of my job, but you understand it and you've been really strong facing the new world that surrounded you. But this isn't enough for me. I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore." "You're breaking up with me? Cause that's what it sounds like." I chuckled. "No. What I want to know is..." He got on one knee. "Will you marry me?" "Oh my god! Of course!" I replied, jumping into his arms. "You did great." I said into his ear. "HARRY EDWARD STYLES! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? PROPOSING TO ANOTHER GIRL IN FRONT OF ME?! WE'RE OVER!" Casey screamed and got back into the car she had gotten out of a minute ago.