Part 20

"Let's stay here and order something. I bet the boys are also settling in too."
"So just the two of us?"
"Just the two of us." He reassured.
"Okay, you can choose what we order, since I 'owe you one'." I spoke.
"Fine." He laughed.
Harry called room service and ordered for us both. Then, there was a knock on our door. More like pounding. I opened the door to find Niall standing there.
"Hi." I said.
"Aren't we going out for lunch?"
"Harry wants to stay in. He said he thought you would prefer it too."
"Oh, that's strange. We usually eat out when we're on tour. But don't worry. He's probably got a lot going on in his mind. Tell him to get ready for tonight."
"We might go annoy you for a while after lunch, though." I laughed.
"I'll be waiting." He winked before leaving.
"Was that our food?" Harry called out and frowned as I returned empty-handed.
"It was Niall. He thought we were going out for lunch."
"Well this hotel is pretty slow."
"Harry, you ordered a minute ago." I laughed.
"You're always so cheerful." Harry smiled.
I bit my lip. The lump in my throat was horrible. I couldn't speak.
"Anything wrong?" Harry asked.
"No, not at all." I smiled.
"See? You always have a smile on your face or giggle at the end of your sentence. I don't know how you do it."
"It's really easy." I grinned.
"Show me how?" He laughed.
"You're doing just fine." I replied.
"I bet you make Bradley really happy."
"I've only been a whole day with him. You can't expect that much."
I sat next to him on the sofa.
"Really? Why don't we ask him?" He said, pulling out his phone.
"Harry, no!"
"Why not?"
"It's not something you randomly ask someone! They're probably in Paris already. Please don't."
"You think I'm going to embarass you? Is that it?"
"No, it's not that. Just don't. They want to have fun. That'll just make him question whether really likes me." I said glumly.
"You're mad if you think he doesn't like you."
"He did tell me he likes me but I don't know, I don't want him to doubt it."
"So you do like this lad."
"He's just. Nevermind."
"Y/N, you know you can tell me. Go on."
"Harry, I-"
There was a knock on the door. "Room service." They called on the other side.
Harry looked at me with concern before he got up to open the door.
"Thank you. No, you can take it. Don't worry. Keep the change. Thanks!" I heard him say before closing the door again.
"Food!" I yelled excitedly.
"Yeah. I don't want to spoil your meal, but just so you know our conversation wasn't over. I don't know what it is that's worrying you and I'm going to find out."
"Let's just have lunch please." I whispered.
He nodded, sitting next to me.
"What did you order?" I asked, reaching over to open the closed tray.
"Steak and chips. Thanks." I said, hugging him as I revealed what it was. "I'm such a nice lad, aren't I? Ordering your favorite food when I got to choose." He laughed.
"That's because you love me too much." I replied, hugging him again.
I needed this comfort food now.
"Maybe." He laughed again.
"You know, you say that I'm the one who always laughs but you're doing it quite a lot." I giggled.
"Well, that's because your laugh is contagious." He replied, poking my side.
"Don't start tickling me." I warned, trying to avoid his attacking index finger.
"And if I don't?" He smirked.
"You'll regret it." I sang.
"Really?" He mocked, his finger threatening to poke my side.
"Seriously, Harold."
"You called me Harold. This must be serious."
"Haz, come on!"
"I swear I'm not even touching you!"
"Just let it go and let me have lunch."
"Okay, I give up." He laughed.
When we finished eating, we both leaned back on the sofa.
"Wanna watch a film?" He offered.
"Nah, let's just chill for a while. I told Niall we'd go visit them." I said, making myself comfortable.
I rested my head on his shoulder. He moved so that his arm hung off my shoulder and my head was left resting on his chest. We stayed in that position. Both of us silent.
"I'm sorry for all the things I've done to you." Harry stated.
"Don't start with that, please."
"No, Y/N. These past few days I've been a total douche. I should've never kissed you. I'm getting married. God. I can't do that to Casey."
"It was just the heat of the moment. Let it go. We already talked about it."
"Not enough." He whispered.
"Yes we have, Haz. Stop. I won't stop being your best man and friend if that's what's worrying you."
Another moment of silence.
"What did you want to tell me before lunch?"
"Nothing, Harry."
"I'm pretty sure it was something. You'll feel better if you tell someone. Come on."