Part 38

"I'm sorry, I thought coming here was a good idea. And about Casey, I-"
"Can you just come into my office? We'll sit down, have some tea and we can talk about it. And then, if you're up for it, we can go to dinner. And Casey can tag along."
"Stop it with Casey. Haven't the boys told you?"
Did I miss something?
"Please, let's go to my office. It seems like there's a lot of things we've got to talk about." I insisted.
"Okay." He replied, following me.
We sat down on separate armchairs, my left leg and his right leg touching because of how the tiny sofas were positioned. I heard him inhale and exhale deeply. It sounded like he was getting ready to give a speech or something.
"Do you want to start from the beginning? Or from what just happened? Why did you run away like that? I didn't want you to leave, Haz." I opened up.
"Y/N, there's so many things that I want to tell you. And I don't know where to start. From the day I left you behind like that or now that you found a man."
"Found a man? Who?"
"That Davies dude."
"Ethan?" I said, stifling a giggle.
He rolled his eyes.
"Harry, Ethan is my friend. And he's gay. So he's totally out of my league." I laughed.
"Really?"
"Yeah, I would never lie to you." I said shyly, looking into his eyes.
He abruptly got up from the armchair and started pacing around the room. I got up too, trying to find out what was going on.
"Harry-"
But his lips on mine interrupted me. I definitely enjoyed the kiss, but what about Casey? I wasn't going to let him choose her over me again. I pulled away quickly. 

"What about you and Casey?"
"There's no Casey and I. We're divorced."
"Since when?"
"Unofficially, six months; officially five."
"Harry, your wedding was six months ago."
"Yeah. I left her on our wedding night. When I left you, standing there in that garden I– that was the biggest mistake I ever made. I couldn't touch Casey when I remembered how you felt. I couldn't kiss her with your taste on my lips. I want you. And I most definitely couldn't make love to her because I didn't love her. So I left her. It took about a month to do the paperwork and all that, but we're divorced legally. I thought about coming to you but I knew it was too late. I wasn't sure what you wanted to tell me on my wedding day, but I had a feeling that it was that you loved me. So I convinced myself to come here now that the boys and I are on holiday. And then I saw Evan or whatever his name is and it tore me apart."
"His name's Ethan." I said, taking advantage of his pause.
"That's why today, I'm here to tell you that I love you, Y/N. We've wasted so many years being apart and I don't want to do that anymore. Because I'm sure you're the one that I want for the rest of my life. I know I'm late, but I won't hurt you, I won't leave you. I need you in my life." He confessed, holding my hands in his.
He looked at me, waiting for a reply.
"It took you long enough." I laughed.
"So is that a yes?" He asked.
I kissed him softly.
"Does that answer your question?" I smirked.
He hugged me tightly.
"You're finally mine again, babycakes." He whispered against my skin.
I sighed in relief. I was finally his.

I woke up the next day in Harry's arms.
"Good morning, baby." I whispered in his ear.
"That's the sweetest thing I can wake up to." He replied, kissing my cheek.
"We've to go Christmas shopping today." I said, sitting up.
I felt his hand trailing up and down my back.
"Nah, we can stay here and cuddle."
"And what are you going to give your family on Christmas Day? A cuddle?" I laughed, rubbing my eyes to wake myself up.
"No."
He pulled me back down on the bed.
"I'll tell them that it was for a good cause. I was making up for lost time with my girlfriend."
"Those are a lot of years." I giggled.
Harry's phone rang. He groaned, but picked it up.
"Yes, I am. Yes, we have. Maybe. Okay. Here, Y/N. They want to talk to you." Harry passed me the phone.
"Hello?"
"Y/N! So it is true! You've spent the night together, aye!" Louis yelled.
"It is. And I loved it." I replied, making them shriek like little boys.
"Will we be seeing each other on New Year's?" Liam asked.
I looked over to Harry and mouthed, "New Year's?" He nodded.
"We will, yes."
"Since you sound lost, we're going to London. It'll be great to see you. Say hi to your family for us." Niall spoke.
"Take care, boys. I love you!" I sang.
"Love you too!" I heard them say in unison before hanging up.
"Christmas shopping." I stated.
"I was hoping you would forget." He laughed.
"Not this time. Let's go get ready together." I said, reaching my hand out for him to grab.