Part 4

My alarm rang. We had stayed up all night talking about our lives, basically catching up on everything we had missed. I checked my phone and saw I had a message from Harry. She had said yes. I felt stupid for not telling him my feelings when the time was right, but it was too late now. I had to put it all aside, I had to get in action and organize lots of things as best man. I had to be happy for him, he had found the love of his life. I wouldn't ruin it all for loving him. I had to move on. I stared at the selfie he had sent me of him and Casey with the ring in her hand. Would it all be different if I had confessed what I felt for him?

"Good morning, my beautiful bestie!" I looked over to find Harry with a tray of food. "W-what are you doing here?" I questioned, covering myself a bit more to not reveal too much. "I needed to celebrate my engagement with you! Since you didn't reply to my text yesterday, I supposed you were sleeping." He said, sitting down next to me. "You didn't have to." "Yes I did. If you hadn't talked to her, we wouldn't be together." "Yeah, about that.. How was her reaction?" "She was happy." "Was it how you expected it to be?" "Yeah, I guess. What are you on about?" "Nothing. I think it'll be better if you don't know." I replied, smiling cheekily.

We sat side by side, eating breakfast. "So, today we have a dinner with my family and Casey's and I was thinking that you and your family could also come along." "What? Of course not. You're celebrating that the two families are uniting. What does mine have to do with that?" "Your family is my family. That's how I've felt for years and it's important for me for you all to be there." "Harry, no." "Stop. Just say yes. I need your support, Y/N!" "My mum and my brother will give you the same answer." I replied, crossing my arms. "They said yes. I asked them before coming to wake you." "So I'm the only one who thinks that we'll stick out like a sore thumb?" "Do this for me. Please. You're my best man. I need you." "I don't know if I'll ever get used to being called a man." I laughed. "That's a yes?" "Yes." He pulled me on to him, hugging me and pushing me so my back was on the bed. "Harry, be careful!" I warned, already picturing a mess of food on my bed. We started laughing, lying there with him on top of me. His laugh ran down my neck sending chills all the way down to my toes. When our fit was over, he looked into my eyes. For a moment, I thought he was going to kiss me. I pushed back his hair, his green eyes still on mine.

He did it. He pecked my lips ever so softly. "I just needed to do that." He whispered. Before I could say anything else, Elliott stormed into my room. "Y/N, we need to go shopping to get clothes for tonight." I groaned. "I guess I should get going then." Harry said, getting off me. "Thanks for the breakfast." I called out before he left hurriedly.

"What happened?" Elliott asked, sensing something was going on. "He kissed me." His eyes widened. "I don't know how I'll be able to look at him at dinner." "Hey, it's not your fault." "Is it too bad that I wanted him to kiss me?" "No. Y/N, you're in love with him. Of course you were dying for him to do it. I just hope he doesn't give you false expectations. He's getting married with Casey. I don't want you to get hurt. Just know what's actually going on, sis." "You're right. I'll talk to him before dinner. He needs to sort things out." I dressed quickly and we left for the mall. "How are we even supposed to dress for that?" Elliott said as we stood in the escalator to go to the men's floor. "I don't know. I guess it's pretty formal, but not that much." "So trousers and a shirt?" Elliott asked, eyeing our mum. "I guess that'll do." She said, a bit distracted. Elliott and I exchanged confused glances: something was going on and our mum knew all about it.

"Mum, is something going on?" I asked her in the fitting rooms while Elliott tried on shirts. "I'm fine, honey." "It's okay, if you don't want to tell me but we both noticed something's up." "How do I look?" Elliott questioned, walking towards us. "You look so handsome." Our mum gaped. "You could be a model." I added. "Should I try the other ones or is this one the one?" "This one." We both agreed. "Okay, mum's turn." He said heading back. While our mum looked for something to wear, Elliott and I tried to figure out what was bothering her. "I have no idea what it could be." I told him. "Y/N, you don't think it could be... No, never mind." "What is it? Maybe it could be that." "I'm not sure. It's just something that-" "Elliott, just say it." "Do you think our dad tried to contact her? You know, to meet us?" "I don't know. Maybe. But why now? All of a sudden he cares for us? But I guess that could explain why she's acting like that." "We should tell her we know. That way she can actually talk to someone about it." I agreed. We looked around but she was nowhere to be seen. "Let's check fitting rooms." I said as we walked over there. She was just coming out as we arrived. "Hey, found anything?" I asked her. "Yes, I didn't see you so I came here to try it on by myself." "Listen, we know what's on your mind." Elliott said suddenly.