nine

Kasia frowned down at the wrapping at her left shoulder. It was good—too good. In fact, she could scarcely move her arm, and though that was certainly a good thing healing wise, it also meant that she couldn't really do... well, anything.

Mando had been right; cleaning the wound had in fact been the hardest part. He had made quick work of applying the medical ointment and wrapping her shoulder. But now that that was all said and done, the wrapping allowed her literally no mobility.

She was still frowning as she walked into the cockpit where Mando and child sat in silence—Mando of course in the pilot seat and the child perched to his right on the control dash—and slumped into the copilot seat. Kasia arched an eyebrow as she watched the child press a nearby green button, cooing curiously as he did so. There was a soft hissing sound before Mando toggled with a few switches from the pilot seat.

A smile spread across her face as she watched the child glance at Mando for a moment before pressing the same button.

"Stop touching things," Mando's reprimand came a moment later, causing the kid to turn and face him.

He cooed once more, and Kasia's body shook with laughter as the child continued to stare up at the Mandalorian as he slowly—oh so slowly—reached towards the control panel and pressed a random button.

Instantly, the ship and cabin began to shake before Mando quickly pressed three buttons and the Razor Crest returned to its normal flight pattern. Not wanting to take any more chances, Mando lifted the baby from where he stood on the dash and placed him softly in his own lap.

"So, where we headed now?" Kasia finally spoke up from the back seat, alerting Mando to her presence. Though judging from the way that the Mandalorian hardly reacted, she would have bet good money he already knew she was there.

"Reldve," came his terse reply a moment later.

"Reldve?" she repeated, head spinning as she realized that it was finally time for him to deliver her to the client. But... he didn't know that she knew that the client's contact was in Reldve. "Why the hell are we going to Reldve?" she willed confusion into her voice and eyes as she desperately tried to think of a way to convince him not to turn her in. When he turned to look at her once, she let a look of understanding and a bit of fear flash across her face. "Look," she began, "I know that the plan was for you to turn me in and collect your bounty there or whatever, but we can't just ignore all the shit that just happened," she argued.

When he said nothing, Kasia forged on, emboldened by the lack of rebuttal. "You and I both know that Reldve will be swimming with bounty hunters, and most—if not all—are going to know exactly what happened on Nevarro. If we go to Reldve right now, all three of us are going to die." She paused for a moment. "Well at least you two will. There's a chance that the client you're giving me to won't actually kill me."

As Kasia finished talking, she glanced over at Mando in the pilot seat to see if her words had any effect on him. As usual though, it was almost impossible to read him, and for an inkling of a second she considered using her gift.

Personal boundaries Kasia, she reprimanded herself. If you ignore his then you're almost certainly going to wind up in a less-than-fortunate situation. And right now, we need his help. Or at least his mercy.

Finally, the Mandalorian gave a relenting sigh, the first noise he had made since Kasia had started talking. The child still in his lap, he began moving the joystick directing his map of nearby planets. "Let's see. Sorgan," he murmured, a note of exhaustion in his voice. "Looks like there's no star port, no industrial centers, no population density. Real backwater skug hole."