fourteen

Kasia laughed as she kicked the ball to Riya, an adorable little girl who at just eight years old was already showing remarkable skill for Limmie. She cheered as the young girl got past the last defender and scored a goal, putting their team ahead by two points.

"Kasia," she suddenly heard from over her shoulder, pulling her out of the celebratory moment. Turning, Kasia found Mando and Cara looking at her with grim expressions on their faces.

Her eyes darted to the weapons hung at their sides and she sighed.

"What's up?" she asked, knowing that whatever it was, was likely going to drag her away from this match—she just hoped her team wouldn't be mad at her.

"We're going to go scouting in the woods," Mando explained, his modulated words cracking in the middle as he titled his helmet to peer at the lively game behind her.

At the information and evidentially irrefusable invitation, Kasia pouted, "Can you give me five more minutes? The game is almost over." When he crossed his arms in obvious denial, she gave him her best puppy-dog face, widening her brown eyes as much as possible. "Please?"

The Mandalorian stared at her for a moment, and when he said nothing, she gave him a wide smile, taking his lack of response as an answer. Without a word—or a chance for him to really give her a proper reply—Kasia turned and ran to get back into position.

Unbeknownst to her, as Kasia ran back to finish the Limmie match, Mando shook his head. So childish, he thought ignoring the chuckle that rose in the back of his throat as he watched her enthusiasm as she played.

When she finally finished—her team had won of course (with both Riya and Kasia on the team it would have been hard not to)—Kasia rushed back over to where Cara and Mando sat on the sidelines, watching her passively.

Both of them rose to their feet as she stopped in front of them, huffing slightly. "Gods, I'm exhausted," she groaned as she stretched.

Her arm had been feeling much better today after Omera had finally given her some pain medicine. That coupled with the ample rest she had allowed herself on their trip to Sorgan and this village had allowed the wound to get almost completely better. It still hurt at times, but not nearly as badly and certainly not as frequently.

Omera had also gifted her several new shirts and pairs of pants, noting that she was limited to the few articles of clothing that Mando had gotten for her. She had also given Kasia her new favorite thing: a leather jacket which was simultaneously badass and unbelievably comfortable.

Upon receiving the medicine and cloths, Kasia had determined that Omera was pretty much a gift from the Gods.

Mando gave her a deadpan stare, "You suck at Limmie," was all he said.

At his words, Kasia gasped dramatically and brought a hand to her heart. "For your information, I could kick your ass at Limmie," she grumbled, glaring at him.

He shook his head at her once before turning. Under her breath, she heard him mumble "Kaysh mirsh solus," in what she guessed was Mando'a.

Kasia narrowed her eyes him; while she didn't know any Mando'a, she could guess that whatever he had just said wasn't exactly a compliment... though to be fair she was almost constantly cursing at him in Eulentian. She supposed it was his prerogative to swear at her in Mando'a... even if she didn't like it.

Without another word, Mando and Cara began to make their way towards the forest that the villagers had indicated housed the raiders, Kasia reluctantly following them as she kept her glare pinned on Mando's back. He pretended not to notice.