twenty-four

Kasia rubbed her eyes as she entered the cockpit, having been pulled from her beauty sleep in the guest quarters by the sudden loud and obnoxious alarm

Kasia rubbed her eyes as she entered the cockpit, having been pulled from her beauty sleep in the guest quarters by the sudden loud and obnoxious alarm. "What the bloody hell is that noise?" she demanded, yawning as she slumped into the copilot seat.

Mando ignored her as he continued to frantically flip switches and push buttons on the control panel, an unusual amount of panic and distress coming off of him. Kasia glanced down at the child in his cradle, but he looked just as confused as her as he stared at Mando.

Finally, Mando deigned to recognize her existence as his hands continued to fly across the control panel. "Losing fuel," was his muttered, nondescript reply. Still, Kasia got the gist.

She opened her mouth to reply just as the engine and alarm both shut off, leaving the ship in utter silence. A moment later, all the monitors powered off as well.

Kasia frowned, "Well I'm certainly no mechanic, but I don't think that bodes well for us."

Suddenly from her side, the child began to giggle. At the sound, Kasia and Din both turned toward the little fellow, a smile curling at the end of Kasia's lips. Well, at least one of us is having a good time.

No one moved for a few minutes, before abruptly Mando rose to his feet and marched to the back of the cockpit.

Kasia raised an eyebrow, "What are yo-" she stopped speaking at the Mandalorian flipped a switch and the power began to flicker back on. She gaped at him as he returned to the pilot seat and hit a couple more buttons, causing the console to power back up. "You couldn't have done that earlier?"

It's the emergency generator. I wanted to make sure we were close enough to that planet, he indicated the yellow spot in the distance that Kasia could barely make it out, before I committed to using the last of our emergency fuel. He paused a moment before begrudgingly admitting, and I wasn't totally sure it was going to work.

She squinted at the speck of a planet for a moment, "So that's where we're headed next?"

"Well, we need to make repairs somewhere. I just hope they have a good mechanic," he replied out loud, shrugging as he flipped another switch.

At his words Kasia snorted, "Yeah. We're gonna need it."

*.*.*

Kasia clutched the copilot seat as Mando made his shaky landing, the Razor Crest's engine sputtering in a way that told even Kasia that the ship likely wouldn't have made it much longer.

"I think I'm going to be sick," she announced, rising from her chair as Mando began to flip buttons on the console to power off the Crest.

So dramatic. Mando paused for a moment, just be quick about it.

Kasia chuckled lightly as she made her way to her designated bedroom. While she wasn't actually as sick as she had let on, she did want to change into some new clothes before they set out into the town to find work.