thirty-five

Kasia sighed as she leaned against the wall, arms crossed and bored out of her mind. The rest of the crew were all clustered in the main area, Xi'an balancing a dagger on her finger, Mayfeld sitting nearby, and Burg pacing back and forth across the floor. Over and over and over again. Honestly at this rate, he was bound to trek a permanent hole in the hull.

"Will you sit down," Xi'an finally snapped at the Devaronian, her tone harsh as she raised her gaze to glare at him. For the first time, Kasia found herself in agreement with the woman.

In response, Burg walked over and slammed his hands into the top of the Crest's ceiling, grunting loudly at the girl—who responded by hissing back at him. A truly lovely crew. So well behaved. What fun.

When they had gotten on the ship, Din had accompanied Zero to the cockpit, leaving Kasia alone with the sharpshooter she had scammed of thousands of units, a creature who literally looked like Satan, and his ex-girlfriend. An absolutely incredible combination if she did say so herself. All they needed to do was invite Jwelk Shat and then they could really get the party started.

Finally, Burg gave a low rumbling laugh, the sound unsettling in a way that Kasia couldn't help but drop her hands from their crossed position, each casually going to rest on the twin pistol blasters at her sides. The last thing she wanted to do was for things to get messy, but she didn't want to be caught unawares if they did go south. Luckily for now at least she felt no real aggression from either the Twi'lek or Devaronian; just boredom and a need to entertain themselves.

Still, underlying that boredom, she could certainly sense a layer of nerves and duplicity that exceeded even Kasia's own. She wanted to write it off as nothing more than exhilaration before the mission but perhaps she should just take a peek at their thoughts to be extra su—

Suddenly, the Crest rattled slightly as it made the jump to hyperspace, Kasia almost falling over from where she stood against the wall in the process.

"You okay over there, princess?" Mayfeld asked her mockingly, a snide grin on his face as Xi'an snickered lightly. For a moment Kasia deliberated grabbing one of the Twi'lek's stupid knives and sticking it in her fucking eye, but sadly decided against it: Din would probably make her wash the blood out of the Crest's floors, and she really didn't want to have to deal with that.

She pretended to pat her pockets for a moment then, her features brightening, held up her right hand as though she had found what she searched for and flipped him off.

Mayfeld merely smirked at her, "Well, you're certainly as feisty as I remember."

She gave him a sarcastic smile, "And you're as much of an asshole, but I don't think any of us are really all that surprised."

Mayfeld's face slowly became an almost comical shade of red, but just as he was about to answer, Burg began loudly pressing buttons on the panel that shelved Mando's arsenal of weapons, drawing all of their attention.

Kasia sighed, knowing that this was not likely to end well. "I wouldn't touch that if I were you," she chided the Devaronian warily, finally retaking her position against the wall as she watched him continue to play with the panel.

A moment later, the metal doors to the cabinet flew open, and Burg gave a wide and admittedly disturbing grin as he peered at the shelves of spectacular weapons.

Kasia exhaled in annoyance as he continued ignoring her. "Don't say I didn't warn you," she shook her head in distaste. "Mando's very touchy about his weapons."

As if on cue, there was a small clank of metal as Din appeared next to her after making his way down the ladder. Kasia didn't spare him a glance as she continued to stare unimpressed at the Devaronian, the palms of her hands again coming to rest on top of her blasters.